Right i have me a Jet city jca100 and im looking to get a 2x12 cab to use with it at gigs.

I got a couple of ideas in mind.

Firstly ive got a orange 1x12 for sale on gumtree and some guys approached me and asked if i would be interested in a trade for a blackstar 2x12. Iv'e never used black star cabs soo any feedback on that would be great. I know its a fair trade but i feel the wouldn't be suited to the head.

I really wanted to get a cab with eminence speakers to see if the hype about matching them is true. Soo the ovious cab would be the Jet city 2x12. Thing is they really cheap as far as 2x12s go so im abit worried about build quality and things like that.

I dont wanna go mad and spend a fortune buying a some £700 2x12 soo i could use some suggestions to what people think i should get to use with the JCA100.

I saw this as a great alternative. The Neo version looks really interesting!

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/purple-chili-pc-212-speaker-cabinet-neodymium-angled/31056
Last edited by billabob at Dec 3, 2011,
I heard the artisan 2x12 cabinets from blackstar are really great! Not to pricey either just the same as an orange/marshall/engl/laney.
Hmm might be an option, they loaded with vintage 30s arnt they? Are they any gd manufacturers making cabs with eminence speakers stock?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

if you give up the info listed in that link, we can help better.

Quote by billabob
Hmm might be an option, they loaded with vintage 30s arnt they? Are they any gd manufacturers making cabs with eminence speakers stock?

eminence does more OEM than you realize, they just don't always say eminence on them so you wouldn't know.

there are plenty of cabinet makers with eminence
-you can get eminence of Avatar Cabs, but that cost a little more
-THD cabs have eminence speakers
-blackheart has eminence

those are the ones off the top of my head. you can also find eminence dealers and just reload a cab for yourself, they are cheaper than celestions.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Ok Location - Uk near london

Budget is £500 tops!

Preferably new but id look used too.

Will need to be for gigs.

And genres are kinda new deaf havana/ new paramore kinda stlyes

I really like the looks of the purple chilli cab as its slanted and i can get the Celestion Century Neodymium speakers to make it pretty light weight! Or are these abit off a gimmick and sound bad?
Quote by billabob
Ok Location - Uk near london

Budget is £500 tops!

Preferably new but id look used too.

Will need to be for gigs.

And genres are kinda new deaf havana/ new paramore kinda stlyes

I really like the looks of the purple chilli cab as its slanted and i can get the Celestion Century Neodymium speakers to make it pretty light weight! Or are these abit off a gimmick and sound bad?

yeah, i have heard good things about the speaker. you may only be cutting 5 lbs or so from the cab with the neo speakers though.

i wish i new some euro dealers and brands. i'd personally try to scoop a used orange cab over there, sell the stock speakers and get what i wanted.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
i'd personally try to scoop a used orange cab over there, sell the stock speakers and get what i wanted.

Yer i was thinking this untill i saw the purple chilli cab that had the slanted speakers. seems a kl feature you dont see on alot of cabs. I Do like orange cabs and i think i know someone selling a 2x12 ob. Although i really want a closed back. But i think theres a few orange 2x12s going second hand.

Which eminence speakers are the ones that soldano suggests to match the SLO 100 to?
Quote by gumbilicious

eminence does more OEM than you realize, they just don't always say eminence on them so you wouldn't know.

True. Splawn Smallblock speakers are made by Eminence

lightweight speakers don't sound like fun to be. For you play you need girth, balls, heft. I'd consider the pairing of a Vintage 30 and a G12K100 or something like that. Emi Wizards get a lot of love too. I had a Emi Red Coat Man O War - but I'm not sure if you would like it. I did.
I see, but do the lightweight speakers really sound much different? I mean i like the Purple chilli cab but the standard one says 90W rms 8 ohm (4 or 16 ohm option) So i wouldnt be able to use a 100watt head with it would i?
^ I guess honestly - I don't see the appeal of that cab

But, just because I've never heard of it doesn't mean it is no good. I'm more of a traditional tried and true kinda guy so new stuff always makes me skiddish. Speakers are rated conservatively so you might be fine with a 90w cab but amps are rated conservatively too so it is hard to tell what the actual working environment will end up like.

If you gigged all the time and your amp was cranked in a metalcore band then I'd probably say no. If it was only for bedroom use with the volume at 10am most of the time - I'd say you will probably be fine. Jet City will tell you to use at least a 100w cab as will most manufacturers. A general rule of thumb is to get a cab that has 125-150% of the power capability that your amp has. That will ensure you never have a problem.

Hold On - I just realized something. That Purple Chili cab says it is 90 watts. How is that? A Vintage 30 is 60 watts and a G12H30 is 30 watts. You don't add 60 + 30. You take the lowest wattage speaker and multiply by the number of speakers you have.

So....

30w + 30w = 60w

not 90w

Unless I'm missing something.

I'd pass on that and get a cab that will cover your needs. A Marshall cab with 2 Vintage 30s (for example) will give you 120w.