I change the gauge of my strings from 9's to 12's. Now the bridge is kinda lifted. and I dunt know how to adjust the springs in the back. Somebody please help?

P.S: I read the sticky, didnt get it. :/

EDIT: My guitar is a Affinity Squire Strat.
and the guitar will be kept in C standard tuning.

Thanks,
Last edited by MaddMann274 at Dec 3, 2011,
I think you'll want to adjust the claw piece that the springs hook to, by tightening the 2 screws on it towards the body.
Or you could also add another spring or so like the dude below said.
Last edited by CorvetteRick at Dec 3, 2011,
You need to add more springs. If you bought the guitar new, it should have come with extra springs. Take the cover off the back of the body and you'll see where the existing springs are. You'll also see where more can be added. That's what you need to do.
Quote by KG6_Steven
You need to add more springs. If you bought the guitar new, it should have come with extra springs. Take the cover off the back of the body and you'll see where the existing springs are. You'll also see where more can be added. That's what you need to do.

I see. I just properly tuned the guitar. The bridge is kinda level now. Do I still have to add the spring? And how do I adjust the string height?
Either of the above options are fine.
Tightening the screws in the trem cavity is a lot more precise though, meaning you can set your bridge exactly as you'd like it to be.

Edit: You don't have to add another one if you don't want to. It's all about how you want the guitar to be though.
And this should help you out. To adjust the action on your guitar you just need a small allen key to adjust the saddle height.

You'll probably also need to intonate your guitar if you've changed string gauge and tuning.
Good luck man
Last edited by whoomit at Dec 3, 2011,