Hello guys.
Please help!!!
Though this topic is very spread out, I can't find enough information about this guitars in Ukraine.
That's why I'm asking you guys for help. Can you advise me which guitar is better for metal, rock and blues?
1. Jackson slsmg
2. Jackson dkmgt
Its all preference. But i'd like the Soloist.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
i have the DKMGT, its a good guitar but if you can get the soloist!
This is my sig....i'm not a funny man
the soloist is probably better- going by the sl3 i tried (which is also a neck-thru japanese jackson). the neck-thru ones seem to be made a bit better (at least judging by the one i tried).

the dkmgt is still a good guitar (i have one), but the slsmg is probably better.

depends on the price difference between the two, as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah sorry when i said soloist i meant slsmg (as it is a soloist, technically)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nah teh dkmgt is alder with a bolt-on maple neck, while the slsmg is neck-thru mahogany, i think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thank you. And if the 1001M or LTD LTD MH350NT, which is better in comparison with SLSMG.
Sorry for my bad English
i'd say teh jackson's better (either model). I just think japanese-made instruments are generally superior to korean-made. There's the odd exception, and if you're talking about teh stuff teh koreans make for themselves (rather than export) then that's a different matter, but yeah. (to clarify: i'm not saying koreans can't make a great guitar, i'm saying at the price point their stuff is generally aimed at, they're not allowed to.)

some personal preference will be involved too, of course, regarding the shape of the necks etc.

But yeah, certainly personally I'd take a japanese jackson over a LTD pretty much every single time. If you're talking about proper Japanese-made ESPs, then that's a different matter.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 4, 2011,