I really dig hard rock, like Three Days Grace, harder Skillet, Breaking Benjamin, some Chevelle, this stuff. Basically, all the PRS SC250>Mesa Dual Rectifier :P

But im too poor to own this kind of stuff. So i was just wondering what where the ''poor man'' version of these? Mostly under 500$, and combo please^^

(P.S.:I'm just talking about amps here)
the used market. you can snag some sick deals in the used market. maybe you could get an old 5150 or 6505, maybe even a dual rec if you're lucky.

else, maybe something like jet city
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Bugera 333XL 2x12 combo is pretty nice and run $599. A used Peavey JSX combo $500ish. Used Peavey Ultra Combo $250ish. B-52 ATX combo. Peavey Vypyr tube combo. Line 6 spider valve combo.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
wow, the Bugera 333 seams awesome. i hope ill have the $ after Xmas to afford it, otherwise i,ll have to go with a JCA2112RC.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Bugera 333XL 2x12 combo is pretty nice and run $599. A used Peavey JSX combo $500ish. Used Peavey Ultra Combo $250ish. B-52 ATX combo. Peavey Vypyr tube combo. Line 6 spider valve combo.

that

those will all be better for what you play over that JCA2112
Your best bet will be to save up more, you're just a bit outside the range of a used Dual Recto. I've seen them go for $800 or a bit more.

And the JCA2112 will not do what you want either.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
you can find used 6505+ combo's for that all day long. I've heard people say the combo sucks though, so I haven't actually played one personally. Find one in a store and check it out... Then find one used and save teh moneyz.

JSX is a pretty nice amp too, if you can find one used in your budget, grab it.

And like Raijouta said, if you can hold off and save up a bit more cash, you're REALLY close to used recto territory. Not sure what your local used market is like... Is QC Quebec City??
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Well, i was just wondering. my actual budget is much lower, like around 300$. and QC means Quebec, i actually live near montreal. More precisely in Mont-Saint-Hialire.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Dec 4, 2011,
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Well, i was just wondering. my actual budget is much lower, like around 300$. and QC means Quebec, i actually live south of montreal.

Well, you're really not going to find anything for that much, then.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Altough i just saw a Bugera 333XL-212 on eBay :P
EDIT:nevermind, he doesnt ship outside the us. :/
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Dec 4, 2011,
Quote by jpatan
you can find used 6505+ combo's for that all day long. I've heard people say the combo sucks though, so I haven't actually played one personally. Find one in a store and check it out... Then find one used and save teh moneyz.

The people that say that are bandwaggoning idiots. It's an AWESOME amp for the price, and with a few upgrades can be even better.

But anyway, yes a 6505+ combo would do those tones without breaking a sweat. Of course, if you wanted to go beyond that "soft" version of rock, it could do that as well. I jest.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Yeah that's why I threw that disclaimer in there, and reccomended he try one out. I figured the combo version of one of the most popular metal amps can't be THAT bad.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
That's where all the toanz comes from
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes