I currently have a Digitech DF-7 distortion pedal, which emulates 7 different stomp boxes including the ProCo Rat and the Big Muff. But now I'm thinking of getting an original analog pedal.

I'm looking for a sustained, creamy fuzz tone sort of like Robert Fripp's, so I was thinking of selling this pedal and getting a ProCo Rat which is very versatile and seems to cover a lot of different sounds (I've never tried one). But, would I be able to get a nice fuzz tone out of it? Or should I go for a Big Muff? The problem with getting a Big Muff is that it wouldn't help me get the overdriven tones that I also use.
█████████████████████████
Last edited by MuffinBrain at Dec 3, 2011,
you should be able to find both those pedals are a bigger guitar shop. i recommend taking your guitar and amp to the guitar store and trying them both out.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
The Rat is very gritty and screaming, and a good in-your-face distortion. The Big Muff is a fuzz, which isn't a distortion pedal, as you know. Since you mention wanting sustain, the Big Muff has it in spades. Both are awesome pedals, but they have different purposes. Both are classics, and I'd recommend getting one of each!
Quote by scorpio2billion
The Rat is very gritty and screaming, and a good in-your-face distortion. The Big Muff is a fuzz, which isn't a distortion pedal, as you know. Since you mention wanting sustain, the Big Muff has it in spades. Both are awesome pedals, but they have different purposes. Both are classics, and I'd recommend getting one of each!

If I had the money...
█████████████████████████