I need a cheap practice amp, one that is capable of a nice grungy sound as well as high quality cleans. I decided on one of these two. Which of the two should I buy????
i have the mini deluxe... have u tried them yet? they sound absolute crap other than just for messing around the house. The mini deluxe has nothing BUT an extremely high gain farting speaker amp. I should add tho that it was my 3rd amp ever, 1st was a flea market style 15w crap amp. The 2nd was a fender 15r frontman, at that time i thought the world of it. It is going to be an amp that is just for fun, trying to get a great grunge, rock, jazz etc anything sound that sounds good is gonna be too much work. I'd go with a roland micro cube with a strap, a bit bigger but SOOOOO MUCH better.
Quote by zamanakhan
i have the mini deluxe... have u tried them yet? they sound absolute crap other than just for messing around the house. The mini deluxe has nothing BUT an extremely high gain farting speaker amp. I should add tho that it was my 3rd amp ever, 1st was a flea market style 15w crap amp. The 2nd was a fender 15r frontman, at that time i thought the world of it. It is going to be an amp that is just for fun, trying to get a great grunge, rock, jazz etc anything sound that sounds good is gonna be too much work. I'd go with a roland micro cube with a strap, a bit bigger but SOOOOO MUCH better.

id go for a micro cube, but I'm so short on cash I need one that's £50 or less. Which is inconveniant.
keep an eye out. i picked up a vox mini3 for just over £60 a couple of weeks ago. occasionally they're on offer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the tone master and it sounds good if you run the line out into better speakers, when I use it I tend to send it into powered computer speakers or the aux in of a bigger amp. It's nice and grungy, kinda fuzzy. There are better practice amps to be had in the $100 and under range, but if you like micro/mini amps you could do worse.
Quote by KingSwedefire
id go for a micro cube, but I'm so short on cash I need one that's £50 or less. Which is inconveniant.

i know its hard... but save up!!! if u have a computer download something similar to garageband and use that as an amp (not sure of what u can use for windows.) i've seen used micro cubes for as little as $50 barely more than the price of a new micro amp.
Quote by KingSwedefire

Since it's clearly only for playing in the house, why don't you just get a £12 USB audio interface and Amplitube FREE?
Quote by kyle62
Since it's clearly only for playing in the house, why don't you just get a £12 USB audio interface and Amplitube FREE?

because i can't access a computer with any ease.