I blocked off my Strat trem before, worked great. Now I want to do it to my Ibanez Edge III trem. For the strat, I took off all the strings, opened the back plate, measured the length, width, and depth of the space behind the trem, and cut a piece of wood to fit it. Is it the same process for the Edge III? I just want to be able to use 10's and change tunings without having to deal with the trem.

EDIT: with all the strings off, the bridge is resting (obviously) very low in the cavity. I would like it to be about flush with the body when all is said and done. Do I need to hold down the trem bar until it is at the desired height and then measure the dimensions within for the block of wood?
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Last edited by shredibanez24 at Dec 3, 2011,
Yeah it'd work much the same way.

When I was re-stringing Edge III equipped guitars I used to block the trem with an old eraser from my high school pencil case. Worked like a treat. So I would find some simple way to block it off temporarily and then measure up your dimensions and so on.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
Yeah it'd work much the same way.

When I was re-stringing Edge III equipped guitars I used to block the trem with an old eraser from my high school pencil case. Worked like a treat. So I would find some simple way to block it off temporarily and then measure up your dimensions and so on.

Hahaha yeah I used a 9V battery for that little trick

quick question though,

I have another little piece of wood that I am putting underneath the trem inside the cavity so the bridge is fixed at the height I want. I am also putting a piece of wood inside the back of the guitar behind the trem. Once I restring with 10's, the tension from the strings will pull the trem against the block and it will be fixed at the height I want, if what I'm sort of planning in my head is correct. I can leave the small piece of wood inside the trem cavity right?
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W

In this pic it's the block I have in the cavity, in order to have the bridge set at the specific height.

This one is the block behind the trem.

If I were to put the strings on, would this keep the trem completely stable and at this height?
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Last edited by shredibanez24 at Dec 3, 2011,
Well I have to stress that I've never done this before as I'm a big lover of trems, but if you've got the pieces of wood in there, use the trem arm and see if you can move it at all. If not then I imagine you should be pretty well set.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I've tried that, it doesn't move, which is good. I think it'll work,
thanks for the help man
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing