Hi everyone,
I think my guitar needs to be adjusted. It doesn't sound so good. Also, some frets buzz so as the open G and B strings.
Should I see an instrument maker or can I adjust it myself without risking to damage my guitar ?
you can adjust it yourself, but since it seems you dont have technical know how, i suggest bringing it into a shop, and perhaps ask if you can watch the guy fix it. your neck may be warped, or it could just need abridge adjustment.
If you're buzzing on open strings then either your nut is cut too deep, or your neck is backbowed a bit.
Quote by MattyPS
Hi everyone,
I think my guitar needs to be adjusted. It doesn't sound so good. Also, some frets buzz so as the open G and B strings.
Should I see an instrument maker or can I adjust it myself without risking to damage my guitar ?

Post in the set-up thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241

A guitarist should always know how to set up his own guitar. It's all part of the craft. Have a read of Jenny's thread Ippon posted the link to and if that isn't enough just hit google, there are heaps of instructions on how to do it out there. Only a dumbass relies on other people to set up his own guitar. That's like taking a car to mechanic to top up the water in the radiator. You should only need to take your guitar to a luthier if it has a fault you can't sort out with a setup.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification