Page 1 of 2
Hey guys

you may or may not know im THAT Recto ***** from around these places (at least i like to think so ) but recently i've really been looking into getting something other than Recto sound in my rig.

i have been trying to sell my 2 channel Dual Rec for almost two months now and have had no luck in finding anyone to buy it. Im getting rid of this one as opposed to my 3 channel because the 3 channel has considerably more sentimental value as it was a gift from a late and very close family member so please dont give me any crap about why im keeping it. essentially the money i make from selling it will be what i spend on the replacement. i cant afford any extra cash on top of that right now. I am also considering trades as well if the deal is good enough

After spending a day of checking out a few amps in the local store ive figured out what kind of sound im looking for. Definitely british voiced, not Marshall as such just in that area of tone. im also looking for good cleans and mid gain, and when it comes to high gain i dont really want that DEATH mode that the Recto does but definitely enough gain for metal just not overly ridiculous amounts.

Also i was for a while looking for an AxeFx, but that aint gonna happen now. as cool and awesome as they are I dont want one. I also would actually love to have a Mark V (even tho its not british voiced that is more the kind of high gain sound im looking for) but they are way out of my budget im afraid.

long story short, im selling my Recto for £1000 and what amps which are british voiced with good cleans and mid gain and with a fairly high gain lead channel should i find to try out

cheers
Ed
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Peavey 3120. Maybe a 6534+.

Can you get a Mark V used? It's always best to get what you want and be done with it, rather than beating around the bush.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Dec 3, 2011,
TS sounds like he is describing my orange OR50H. the problem is that it's one channel and that turn alot of people off.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Offworld92
Peavey 3120. Maybe a 6534+.

Can you get a Mark V used? It's always best to get what you want and be done with it, rather than beating around the bush.

dude even used here in the UK a Mark V head is £1800 and thats the cheapest ive seen. not a fan of the 6505 so the 6534 probably isnt a good idea. will look into the 3120

Quote by gumbilicious
TS sounds like he is describing my orange OR50H. the problem is that it's one channel and that turn alot of people off.

yeah i need at least 2 channel preferably 3 as i like clean crunch and high gain
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Used Framus Dragon? They go for 1000€ used all the time. Might not be the ideal solution, possibly a bit more modern than what you are looking for.

I guess having a look at a Marshall DSL wouldn't hurt. On the cheaper end of things there's the Laney VH100R.

EDIT: Rockerverb might do it for you, too.
I know you said you didn't really want a Marshall, but have you tried out the JVM series? Great range of amps that have many possibilities. They also sound ****ing amazing. The Peavey 3120 is also a really good amp.
i have considered the JVM410 and i actually quite like it but for some reason i just feel like it lacks somehow. i havent played one since July so i might go give one another try
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Sounds perfect?

all the Invaders i've seen for sale are around £1500-£1800. all the ones around atm are £1700-£1900

no chance mate :/
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Last edited by shredftw at Dec 3, 2011,
Engl Blackmore, then? They're about as "British" as it gets with Engls, but still have a lot of gain on tap. They have two channels but only one EQ-section, if that is an issue for you.
Quote by TheQuailman
Engl Blackmore, then? They're about as "British" as it gets with Engls, but still have a lot of gain on tap. They have two channels but only one EQ-section, if that is an issue for you.

single EQ really isnt going to work for me im afraid
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
I'm gonna say a used DSL would probably be your best bet. A used Splawn sounds like it would be great for you, but I'm not sure what those run for or if you can even find them in the UK.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Stiletto?

We have one at work, sounds awesome.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Robfreitag
have a look at THD flexi... used.

wat

I mean, I love my Flexi but it's not even close to what he's looking for.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by classicrocker01
I'm gonna say a used DSL would probably be your best bet. A used Splawn sounds like it would be great for you, but I'm not sure what those run for or if you can even find them in the UK.

yeah i think if i did somehow get one into the UK it would be well on the way to £2000 so thats out of the question, definitely that kind of amp tho that im looking for

Quote by Tom 1.0
Stiletto?

We have one at work, sounds awesome.

i did try one out in Canada when i was there for a couple of weeks in June, it was VERY nice. IIRC its just a Mesa interpretation of a hotrodded Marshall?? or something like that at least. And where do you work Tom?? I have never seen a Stiletto in the UK
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Last edited by shredftw at Dec 3, 2011,
can you get a used mark IV in your budget? The guy that sold me my MKIV went out and got a MKV. He told me shortly after that there wasn't a big enough difference in the new model to justify the expense, and he wished he had just kept the MKIV. The mark is a beast of an amp. Can pretty much play anything you want with it if you're patient enough to EQ it properly. Took me quite a while to get it dialed in, but I'm far too lazy to keep fiddling with it, so I'd tweak it and play for a week. tweak it again, play a week. If I had just locked myself in the basement until I was happy with it, I'd have probably nailed it in an afternoon.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
im gonna say it, Vintage Modern (yeas, i know u said no marshal but check it out)

im assuming u have a boost pedal of some sort since your a recto guy

all you do is keep this amp on the high dynamic range mode and use guitar volume to get all your tonez. (with pedals and whatnot)

sounds great for classic rock, cleans are clear, and really sounds brootal to my ears through my Drop B EMG equiped LTD
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Pmt southend.

There is a combo in store here. The 212. We have the head too iirc.

If you ring ask for Tom H.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Dec 4, 2011,
Quote by EspTro
im gonna say it, Vintage Modern (yeas, i know u said no marshal but check it out)

im assuming u have a boost pedal of some sort since your a recto guy

all you do is keep this amp on the high dynamic range mode and use guitar volume to get all your tonez. (with pedals and whatnot)

sounds great for classic rock, cleans are clear, and really sounds brootal to my ears through my Drop B EMG equiped LTD

yeah but its still a single channel, and that is no good to me. and BTW guys i didnt say NO MARSHALL i just said not necessarily Marshall. I actually liked the JVM410 so i might give that another look.

Quote by Tom 1.0
Pmt southend.

There is a combo in store here. The 212. We have the head too iirc.

If you ring ask for Tom H.

cheers mate, i'll give it a look.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by rokket2005
I'd say the rockerverb

Quote by bogg808
Rockerverb?

Quote by T7E
Rockerverb is what you want.

Quote by TheQuailman

EDIT: Rockerverb might do it for you, too.

+311

Or a Thunderverb

I can't recommend the JVMs
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+311

Or a Thunderverb

I can't recommend the JVMs

i'm really not a fan of Orange. i've played a few and they just nothing for me :shrugs:

i'll them another go tho cos im kinda stumped as to what to do
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by shredftw
i'm really not a fan of Orange. i've played a few and they just nothing for me :shrugs:

i'll them another go tho cos im kinda stumped as to what to do

Great example of how people like different things. I come in my pants when I play a Rockerverb or a Thunderverb but go limp when I play a JVM

it's all good. doesn't make anything better or worse. tone is in the ear of the beholder or something like that
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Great example of how people like different things. I come in my pants when I play a Rockerverb or a Thunderverb but go limp when I play a JVM

it's all good. doesn't make anything better or worse. tone is in the ear of the beholder or something like that

yhhh well like i said im trying all my options
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by shredftw
yeah but its still a single channel, and that is no good to me. and BTW guys i didnt say NO MARSHALL i just said not necessarily Marshall. I actually liked the JVM410 so i might give that another look.

cheers mate, i'll give it a look.

tis a dual channel not single
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
tis a dual channel not single

shared EQ
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Framus Cobra?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Rockerverb for sure, i bought mine a month ago and its AMAZING. It can do evertything from low to highgain without pedals, with an od you can get some brutal gain if you ever would need that.

You said british voiced, good cleans, good medium-high gain, that IS the rockerverb!
Last edited by vismbr at Dec 4, 2011,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Can you get an Egnater Vengeance over there?

cant find the Vengeance anywhere for sale, Renegade there is tho

and i dont think the Framus Cobra is in my price range

EDIT: £850 reserve on ebay for one hmmm...... might ask if he wants to trade
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Last edited by shredftw at Dec 4, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
The more I see it, the more I think an Invader is perfect for what you want

whilst its perfect i cant afford it its way over budget even used
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by shredftw
shared EQ

Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro

i like to set my clean sound VERY different to my lead, so it would be a major problem
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
gotchya
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Page 1 of 2