Okay so technically it isn't a NGD today (the guitar arrived Monday), but I've been too busy with exams to make a thread. So let's pretend today is Monday

What I have here is an American Special Telecaster in Olympic White. It's got Texas Special pickups and brass saddles. It sounds absolutely glorious, even through my crap equipment

I'll admit, I like shiny things

Haven't taken the plastic off the pickguard or the neck pickup yet. Probably will when I change the strings. Thinking about getting a new pickguard, too. Probably tortoise. Maybe something outrageous like gold mirror.

So glad to finally have a guitar with a maple fretboard.

Stoked to finally own a Fender, and a Tele at that!

Next to my other guitar, a Schecter C-1. I guess I really have a thing for white guitars. The Tele is a little off-white in comparison, but I think it's charming.

I got a great deal for it from Sweetwater, the guy I was talking to was able to get me $100 off on the price so I ended up only paying $750 (that included the extra set of strings, because I play a full step down).

The action is a little high for me at the moment but that can be fixed, although I'm not sure how

So far I'm happy with my purchase, and I know when finals are done I'm gonna spend a lot of time working on it/with it.

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Sound test through Gearbox: http://soundcloud.com/jetfuel495/tele-demo
Badass Brother!!! Keep The Faith!!!
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
HNGD!

Although, I don't like teles....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
HNGD!

Although, I don't like teles....

-.-
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Beautiful!
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

$750 for an american made Tele? Is it me or is that ludicrously cheap? I mean, you're looking at least £750 for an American made Tele here in the UK.

Either way, that's a sexy guitar, HNGD!
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Sexy, but not as sexy as your ex-Gibby supreme
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Nice Tele! The black pickguard looks great on there; tortoise shell guards look kind of 'off' with a maple neck if you ask me.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
$750 for an american made Tele? Is it me or is that ludicrously cheap? I mean, you're looking at least £750 for an American made Tele here in the UK.

The American Specials are kind of like the Highway 1s. The Teles are remakably similar to an American Standard Tele, whereas the Strats have big differences like 70s style headstocks, 2 string tees, and 6-point trems. They Highway 1s also had the greasebucket tone circuit and flat finishes.

But myabe you're talking about the same thing in the UK anyway.

Seems like everytime I see prices in UK or Europe the number is about the same as the Dollar price in the US, but of course that comes up to a lot more, given the exchange rate. One of the few exceptions is Marshall gear--tends to be less, but darned near equal out given the exchange rate.
Wow that thing is gorgeous, HNGD man.

Texas Specials are where it's at!
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Oh, as far as your action goes - just tighten the screws at the saddles and adjust it until it's comfortable for you. If you get buzz, raise em back up
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Sweet, I wouldnt change a thing!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Nice thing bro. How the intonation?
It was set up properly before it left Sweetwater but I think it got thrown off a little bit during shipping/when my mom left the box on my bed upside down. Notes get a little sharp as I go up the neck, but that's easily fixed. Once I get it sorted I can judge the neck a little better.
Quote by Ippon
Sexy Tele. Congrats!

WholeLottaIzzy, you'll be shocked how much they go for used, in minty condition.
Thanks! I saw your reply to my post in the Tele thread, and although I didn't see it until after I purchased this one, I still really appreciate your reply.
Quote by shredibanez24
Oh, as far as your action goes - just tighten the screws at the saddles and adjust it until it's comfortable for you. If you get buzz, raise em back up
I'm worried about how that'll affect the intonation, but then again, I'm gonna have to work on that anyway
Quote by JKHC
Sexy, but not as sexy as your ex-Gibby supreme

People seem to like it after I got rid of it. There wasn't any love for it when I bought it.

Yeah it looked nice, but sounded really average. I do miss the ebony fretboard though. That thing was smoooooooth. But apart from that, I like my new strat so much more. Haven't even looked back.