well, a while ago, for some reason, and i won't go into detail why, i superglued the nut on my guitar to the output, and now i need to get it off. i've been trying all sorts of methods, but i cant break the glue. anyone got any ideas what i could possibly due without damaging the guitar? its an SG btw, so the output in on the front of the guitar
I wanna hear the story of why the hell you did that! Please?
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Um I've heard warm soapy water works on super-glue but I don't know how practical that'd be on a guitar
i dont think a picture will help. it looks perfectly normal, there is just super glue between the nut and the part the nut screws on to, which is the output. i basically was getting sick of the nut loosening so thats what i did, and it needs to get off now
Quote by olix95
i dont think a picture will help. it looks perfectly normal, there is just super glue between the nut and the part the nut screws on to, which is the output. i basically was getting sick of the nut loosening so thats what i did, and it needs to get off now

OOOOOOOH. okay. i get it. I thought you meant the nut at the top of the fretboard, not the nut-and-bolt-and-screw kind of nut.

just google how to get that type of glue loose. usually infolves some kind of heat/water thing though.

why do you need to take it off though?

(pictures would still be very useful)
call me ziggy.
i need to take it off, because the glue the glue dried when the nut wasnt tightened all the way, so the output is stuck at very loose
Quote by earthisearthis

(pictures would still be very funny)

Fixed.

My enthusiasm kind of died when I realized you weren't talking about the nut on the headstock

Try using a damp q tip and wetting it? But I won't be held liable if anything goes wrong so wait for someone else to recommend something that would work.

Pics.....please?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
sorry, im too lazy to post pics, which im fairly certain wont do any good. pliers wont do, because it just twists the whole output with out
get something hard, sharp and pointy, like a toothpick but maybe metal?

dig all the excess glue off.

then, i dont know, blast it with a hairdrier until it gets soft enough to be twisted off with a pair of pliers.
call me ziggy.
Quote by earthisearthis
get something hard, sharp and pointy, like a toothpick but maybe metal?

dig all the excess glue off.

then, i dont know, blast it with a hairdrier until it gets soft enough to be twisted off with a pair of pliers.

i took a torch lighter to this stuff, and it didnt soften or melt or anything
Ok, well, from what it sounds like you're pretty ****ed, pardon my french. So, here's what you can do.

Option 1: Take a rubber band and wrap it around the output jack on the threads until it's tight and fits snuggly on the jack plate.

Or

Option 2: Buy a new jack (should come with a new mounting nut), cut the old one off the wires to the guitar electronic, and solder the new jack on.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
Option 2: Buy a new jack (should come with a new mounting nut), cut the old one off the wires to the guitar electronic, and solder the new jack on.

This is probably your best bet.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
This is probably your best bet.

Consider it an upgrade for your guitar. Get a good quality output jack.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
i kind of want to buy a new jack, but, again, i cant get the nut off
Use a Q Tip and nail polish remover and lightly dab around the nut, wait a few minutes repeat. After another couple of minutes the nut should come loose. Be careful with nail polish remover, it also removes finishes and paint.

Never super glue your nuts.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by olix95

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by olix95

yeah i laughed at that too
Quote by BlackbirdPie
Use a Q Tip and nail polish remover and lightly dab around the nut, wait a few minutes repeat. After another couple of minutes the nut should come loose. Be careful with nail polish remover, it also removes finishes and paint.

Never super glue your nuts.

this is what i have been trying, but with no avail
you have the best signature for this thread, ts.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
you have the best signature for this thread, ts.

i should take some sort of offence to that, but im going tom have to agree, what i've done is fairly ignorant. but, i just managed to get the damn thing off anyway
Quote by TextOnTheScreen

Fender Deluxe 72' Telecaster w/ SD SH-4 JB
humbucker in the bridge position running through....
--
Crate FlexWave 120H
Marshall 1960A 4x12
Boss TU-3
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
BBE Green Screamer
MXR m109 6-band EQ
MXR m135 Smart Gate
Quote by mnf50
Um I've heard warm soapy water works on super-glue but I don't know how practical that'd be on a guitar

Negitive. Acetone works on super glue along with other nice chemicals. The stuff laughs at water.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
this thread should end now, as i got the thing off a couple hours ago, but it was at the cost of detached wires, that i poorly soldered back on, so now i dont know if it will even work, because i currently have no cables in my house