Yes, this is not www.ultimate-gameprogrammingsoftware.com,
and this is the 2ond thread on this matter this week, I don't care, this is important.

I ask this question on UG, because all of the people who are on the same faculty don't really care about programming and wouldn't know, my father who is a programmer has no idea because programming games is not what he does.

I need a program that involves making games, programming, and is of a more "basic" level,

I can't work with UDK because my PC ain't that good yet to run it smoothly. I looked up RPG and Game maker, but the very description of "you don't need to program a single line of code" is what I'm avoiding.

Any ideas? Relatively low-demanding so that it wouldn't lag like UDK on my PC, but being learn-to-program-more oriented
I use Unity 3D, it's a really good game engine for beginners and there's tons of tutorials for how to work with it on youtube.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I use Unity 3D, it's a really good game engine for beginners and there's tons of tutorials for how to work with it on youtube.

Is it free/low-consuming?

Is it me, or are all the games made in it for iphone or something?
Last edited by Zeletros at Dec 3, 2011,
Yes, it's free and it's not super heavy on the computer but if it's still a 3d engine so a really shitty computer might lag a bit.

Edit: Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-X-Ebh1kYA .
Explains the basics of the program pretty well.
Unity is used to make games for lots of platforms but it's still really good for computer games, don't let that throw you off.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Dec 3, 2011,
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Yes, it's free and it's not super heavy on the computer but if it's still a 3d engine so a really shitty computer might lag a bit.

Edit: Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-X-Ebh1kYA .
Explains the basics of the program pretty well.
Unity is used to make games for lots of platforms but it's still really good for computer games, don't let that throw you off.

I'll try it
Do it the right way, from scratch. It will be well worth your time...

Qt as the application framework, Open Graphics Library as the graphics processing library, and C++ as the programming language.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Dec 3, 2011,
Quote by darkstar2466
Do it the right way, from scratch. It will be well worth your time...

Qt as the application framework, Open Graphics Library as the graphics processing library, and C++ as the programming language.

I would but we didn't study programming too much, we're only doing stupid programs in C
Quote by Zeletros
I would but we didn't study programming too much, we're only doing stupid programs in C

Then study it at home.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

Exactly. Go gather the information you need and act upon it. You'll certainly appreciate your personal technical skill if you make it from scratch. The human brain rewards itself for worthwhile endeavors.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie