I play mostly metal and I have recently joined a hardcore/metal band but this decision is really killing me. I am really not sure if I should bother with a floating trem all over again or not. Which guitar do you believe would be the wisest investment?
i can vouch for the PRS, fantastic guitar.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
If you're switching tunings a lot, you should probably go for the Jackson. If you're staying in relatively the same tuning most of the time, you could get both. Really just depends on what you want. I've played the PRS and it's great; I really liked it. Haven't played the Jackson, but I've looked it up before and it would definitely be the Jackson I would get if I were to buy one.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
A lot of player swear by that jackson sls model, and the hardtail bridge will make you life easier for fast drop tuning
SLSMG. Made In Japan and very nice guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I say the Jackson
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
I hate floating trems with a passion, but I loved the Torero when I played it. Plus, you can always hardtail it by blocking the trem if you decide you don't want/use/need it.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
THe Jackson is the better guitar, objectively. You're getting more for your money with the Jackson and the overall quality is higher. But the PRS has a trem, if those are your thing. So that's what it comes down to really. How much you value having a trem vs generally better quality.
^ +1

though if you really want a trem you can get that with jackson too- the sl3mg, i think, which is more or less teh same thing with an frt-x000.

Quote by oneblackened
SLSMG. Made In Japan and very nice guitars.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How did you narrow down to those two guitars? They're pretty different beasts. What with one having a trem and the other not, and all. You need to figure out if you want a trem or not. We can't tell you that.

Besides that... the SLS is frickin sick.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X