I've read the sticky so here's the specs:

Budget: No more than 200 EURO, or whatever that is in $ or £. I'm open to both tube or SS but I guess a quality tube at 200 Euro is wishful thinking.

Genre: Metal, exclusively. There's plenty different styles of course. I like the more rough, extreme, not so melodic/pretty tone; rough and muddy is what I like BUT I also like playing with a very "dry, scratchy" tone sort of Darkthrone/Burzum style Black Metal.

New/Used: I'd prefer new to be honest but if a real deal popped up I'd take it but for the purpose of this thread just assume new.

Home/Gig: Home. At most I'd make recordings using this amp.

Where I live: I live in Zurich, Switzerland.

Current gear: Nothing now. I used to have a Marshall MG10 when I started guitar but you can assume how good that was. As for guitar I'm buying one as well and it will either be an Epiphone explorer or an Ibanez RGA type (latter has active pups).

Thanks and I apologize for having to make another thread like this.

PS: I know it is best to go to the shop to try it but I've been to about 4 different guitar shops in my city and they don't have amps that'd suit me I think. The most suitable, I assume, was a Line 6 Spider IV (15 watt) but I read some stories about these being generally shitty. As a result I will most likely be buying online.
"Happiness is... a bottle of booze in one hand and my faithful guitar in the other hand."

E. Guitar: Epiphone Goth Explorer
Schecter Diamond Series Damien 7
Cl. Guitar: Höfner HF-12
Amp: Roland Cube 40XL
I used to own a Peavey Vypyr 15 watt combo,a good amp for practice/home use.Worth checking out I think,they go for around $100 US Dollars.
Are there any brands that cater to the style I like? Even some names would help.
"Happiness is... a bottle of booze in one hand and my faithful guitar in the other hand."

Nothing for that price is going to be a big upgrade from your MG10. I'd say save up first and then think about it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Yeah well it is all the cash I have now and frankly I am not a patient person. There must be something worth looking at. I'm not looking at getting something amazing, just something for fun.

Quote by JKHC
Nothing for that price is going to be a big upgrade from your MG10. I'd say save up first and then think about it.

im sure he can find something if he is willing to go used.

like a vypr 15
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
A Flextone would be a great choice if you can find one in your pricerange, they are nothing like the el crappo Spiders. Failing that I think I'd have to go with the Vyper suggestions.
Then again for that style of music you probably could get away with a crappy distortion pedal in front of your MG or even a shitty Valvestate. It's not like you are trying to get "good" tone.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
A Flextone would be a great choice if you can find one in your pricerange, they are nothing like the el crappo Spiders. Failing that I think I'd have to go with the Vyper suggestions.
Then again for that style of music you probably could get away with a crappy distortion pedal in front of your MG or even a shitty Valvestate. It's not like you are trying to get "good" tone.

Ill sell my Flextone to OP since u brought it up

$300 + w/e it costs to ship it to u. also got an upgraded WGS speaker rather then that crappy celestion line 6 custom
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Alright, your budget should be more than adequate to get you the sounds you want. All you need is a Peavey Transtube of some sort, and a Boss HM-2. Literally, with those two pieces of gear, you will nail any pretty much any old school black/death metal sound.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by EspTro
Ill sell my Flextone to OP since u brought it up

$300 + w/e it costs to ship it to u. also got an upgraded WGS speaker rather then that crappy celestion line 6 custom

Hey, thanks for the offer but I've been doing some searching/researching and I've decided to go for a Roland Cube 40XL. I can get a good deal for it near where I live. Thanks for everyone's input though.

You can do what that Vlarg guy did and get a marshall practice amp and record it with a headset microphone. He burned churches and murdered the guitarist of mayhem, so that pretty much makes him the defenition of br00t4l1ty
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Dec 5, 2011,
Quote by Akula KO
Yeah well it is all the cash I have now and frankly I am not a patient person. There must be something worth looking at. I'm not looking at getting something amazing, just something for fun.

fatal flaw.

What is your current guitar that you are upgrading? Can the guitar and amp be separate purchases? you'd be better off...

Side note: Ampeg SS-140 or SS-70.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
For your genre and budget I'll pile on with the rest of the Peavey Vypyr recommendations. Big upgrade from the MG series IMO.