Anyone here use/have experience with non-iPad tablets? Are they worth buying? I'm looking to just not be stuck with my desktop here all the time but I don't need everything a laptop does and don't want even something that big, just something for some music, movies, and a bit of surfing or instant messaging.

And if anyone says to go to the computer thread, the searchbar wouldn't give it to me.
My (limited) understanding of tablets is that they're basically stripped down laptops with a touch screen. Go for a laptop.
Quote by Mudmen190
My (limited) understanding of tablets is that they're basically stripped down laptops with a touch screen. Go for a laptop.

I'm okay with it being stripped down though, I'm not looking to spend as much as a decent low end laptop costs.
Yeah my mom got an Android tablet for her birthday this year. Don't remember which model, but yeah for what you want I'd say it's worth getting, especially if you do a wi-fi only one. The OS works/looks really good on a tablet. Not sure what else you want out of me.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
Yeah my mom got an Android tablet for her birthday this year. Don't remember which model, but yeah for what you want I'd say it's worth getting, especially if you do a wi-fi only one. The OS works/looks really good on a tablet. Not sure what else you want out of me.

i was going to say exactly this, but it was a friend instead of a parent.