So I'm trying out Ernie Ball coated strings (.010s) and the treble strings feel less slippery than the treble strings on Elixirs. Does anyone else get that or is it just me?
i donno if their less slippery but i cant wait for these eb coateds to wear out i hate how they feel & hate how they sound
Try cleartones, no slippery feeling at all.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Try cleartones, no slippery feeling at all.

This or you can get DR's new Dragon skin coated strings
I think It might be you mate.. No offense.. After playing a guitar with elixirs, and a guitar with titanium coated Ernie Balls, I found the elixirs more slipperly.

Also, happy birthday in advance mate. !
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Quaned
I think It might be you mate.. No offense.. After playing a guitar with elixirs, and a guitar with titanium coated Ernie Balls, I found the elixirs more slipperly.

Also, happy birthday in advance mate. !

What do titanium coated strings sound like? I've always used D'addarios or DRs, neither of which I found to be slippery at all.
i found them to sound very tin-ny.. sharp and abrasive.. absoutly hate it.. only tried them cause i was at guitar center and they stopped stocking rotosound strings
Not to sound stupid but what do coated strings do?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Dr Sixstring
Not to sound stupid but what do coated strings do?

resists string corrosion making them last longer.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I should mention that I like the slippery feel better. I might just stick with Ernie Balls if they last longer. My hands sweat a lot also.
Quote by CannedBullets
I should mention that I like the slippery feel better. I might just stick with Ernie Balls if they last longer. My hands sweat a lot also.

If you can live with the Elixirs, I'd strongly recommend them. I had no sign of corrosion on my strings, even after having Elixirs on for 10 months or so.. Only restrung my guitar the other day.

Quote by FearMyLightning
What do titanium coated strings sound like? I've always used D'addarios or DRs, neither of which I found to be slippery at all.

I only tried them out once - and that was like 2 years ago.
IIRC, I didn't really find it much different compared to normal ones. But I was young and non observant back then.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
The only special strings I've tried are DR Silvertones. I like them a lot. They lasting along time, look and feel good. I'm not sure if there was tone change.
Brand new Elixers are definitely slippery. You've just gotta play them in. That said, I use Ernie Ball for the reason of feel.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER