Fold inside out. Put hands in far corners of the cover, grab the edges of the duvet through the cover. It's simple really.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Fold inside out. Put hands in far corners of the cover, grab the edges of the duvet through the cover. It's simple really.

I do the same.
After I get it on, I shake it to even it out a little.
I had to Google what a duvet was.

I am ashamed.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
*googles duvet*

its called a bed.

edit: ^right?

i've literally never heard of a duvet
Quote by rickyj

Me neither until now. I think it's a cover for beds that contains duck down.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by rickyj
*googles duvet*

its called a bed.

edit: ^right?

A bed is a bed.
A duvet is a duvet.

please make a video putting your frustration in a humorous light and clarifying what your mission is then we can all lol together.
Quote by Trowzaa

I was going to say EXACTLY this, until Trowzaa said it for me.

Thank you, you have earned a medal.
Step 1 - Take covers
Step 2 - Now just put the fucking covers on the duvet
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
I thought you meant duet covers, like a cover of a song with two people instead of one singing or something.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Step 1 - Take covers
Step 2 - Now just put the fucking covers on the duvet

Yeah, you would think so. But then when you move it around a bit, it comes away from the corners inside and you have all these loose bits round the edges. Pain in the ass.
Quote by King Donkey
Who the hell uses duvets these days? It's all about the doonas.

You are aware that doonas=duvets right?

Quote by Trowzaa
You are aware that doonas=duvets right?

Certainly not. I shall quote Wikipedia here:
Quote by Wikipedia
duvet (also known as a doona in Australian English and a dyne in Scandinavian from which the Australian word was derived).

As you can clearly see there are three types of duvets!
West Ham United
Quote by DanielShaw123
Yeah, you would think so. But then when you move it around a bit, it comes away from the corners inside and you have all these loose bits round the edges. Pain in the ass.
But that's usually the case with bed covers too
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
holy hell yes!
i'm surprised i've never had a brain aneurysm from the amount of frustration trying to do this causes me!
Quote by Punk_Ninja

I was like "Shut up woman, Satch is playing"
Quote by Soul Power
Maybe instead of eating you, you and her could eat a drifter. Like, make it one of those things you do together as a couple.
I run my own B&B and have to do this everyday and I still hate it, especially when it covers my face and I have to get it off real quick in case someones sneaking up on me. It's like being six all over again and having to wrestle off my t-shirts really fast, just in case.
Hold top corner of cover with left hand.
Put top corner of duvet in top corner you're holding with your left hand, hold this in place with left hand on the outside.
Put other top corner where it belongs, now hold both in place with left hand on the outside.
Pull cover over duvet with right hand.
Eat a celebratory yoghurt.
Quote by Trowzaa

This.
It also helps if you dangle it from high up, like from a balcony or the top of a stairwell, while you shake it to get the cover to sit properly on the duvet.

Also, for those who have never heard the term 'duvet' before, it's just another name for a quilt or eiderdown (named after the down of the eider duck which is used to stuff them)
"Is it a male thing?"

*facepalm*
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
lol, the xy chromosome is clearly deficient
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by girlgerms007
lol, the xy chromosome is clearly deficient

Nah it's just him. I used have to put a cover on mine all the time. Except I don't have one anymore.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I usually lay the cover on my bed and stuff the duvet in, then grab the corners from the outside and shake it while standing on top of my bed. It's a bit awkward but I find it works most of the time.