Everyone and their mother says just to do DDU UDU but I know that's not right. I also don't want to just mimic the rhythm of the vocals, I want something that complements it, but I swear all chords don't follow the DDU UDU DDU UDU. Does anyone have a solid strum pattern that works, including for the chorus? I'm going back to the drawing board anyway, I was just hoping for some help

Thanks.
I thought the whole thing was mostly finger picked, or arpeggiated more than simply strummed. Maybe the 12 string part is so prominent in the mix, I haven't noticed the other guitars.
Quote by Picklelerner
Why not just watch a video of them playing it...?

I can never get strum patterns from that...they move their hands both down and up, they just don't strum on certain movements, or they'll just strum a bass note or something, and I won't pick it up. I've tried following along like that. If it was filmed at the right angle and with a super fast camera, maybe I would have more luck
You just need to listen and make it up as you hear it. There is no right or wrong way. An extra up here or a down there won't make any difference. Oh and dduudu dduudu is how i learned it but i probably never play it the same way twice! Just make it up, and if in doubt strum more!
The cat taught the tiger everything he knows. One day the tiger turned on the cat and the cat ran up a tree. That was the one thing the cat never taught the tiger.
Quote by The Daver
Just make it up, and if in doubt strum more!

Nothing succeeds like excess....!

(Am I the only person that hears individual notes being picked, the barre being lifted, and some dragging being done? I mean really, I usually just see trails, nothing imaginary in the auditory like that).

On second thought, I usually quit after the intro. I can't really hit the "G" above middle "C" on "welcome to" with any grace......
Last edited by Captaincranky at Dec 4, 2011,