As many of you have experienced, there are many people in the world that do not understand how science works. Any thoughts as to why this is? What ways do you think would be the best way to explain how science works.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking mostly about the scientific method.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Dec 4, 2011,
Same reason I don't know anything about fashion, because I don't care.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by Jawlytomtom
lol define science
/thread
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
cause god
Quote by devourke
im a raging faggot

Quote by fail
me2 and everyone picks on me

Quote by itamar100

i have been bullied before and i know what its like. its ****ing horrible and thats why i feel so strongly about fags like me.
Science is humanity trying to make sense of the world around us, without resorting to:
Quote by Lulzcifer
cause god
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
Science is humanity trying to make sense of the world around us, without resorting to:

I would say it's the other way around man.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
you see something, theorize, confirm, and give the next generation more things to study.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Jawlytomtom
lol define science

The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural...

gewgle brah
Science is the human attempt to provide causation for something through repeated ordered processes, rules of logic, and peer review and oversight.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society