Attention Non-Metalheads and School Music Teachers! (Would you find this offensive?)

Page 1 of 3
Okay listen up, non metalhead school music teachers, I have an asesment task to preform an Australian or New Zealand song from a Aussie or Kiwi artist infront of the entire class.
I am a Metalhead, and most of my Aussie and Kiwi metal music is either too hard to play, not tabbed out, or in Drop Z or something.
And it has to be less than 5 minutes long.
So the absolute only song I had in my iTunes was
The Eagle Spread's It's Wings
By
Demoniac

Its almost exactly 5 minutes long, LOL.

I absolutely love Demoniac, but would I lose marks because it is a Black Metal song by a band who writes racist lyrics and on their album cover it has Sam Totman giving rear entry service to a prostitute?
Would I lose marks for the shreiking vocals.
This song has no explict lyrics, but allot of their other songs do.

"Fighting in this rotten hell we are trapped in a spell
And in the battles lands where no one can tell
The breathing beasts of fire calling to me
Chains of steel how can we be freed

They need a leader and the strongest of men
To save the dreams of the forgotten land
They live with torture of the fire and whips
And the shadows of death that bleeds to be free

There is a soldier
To free us from this time
With winter calling
We will survive

We fly
The eagle spreads it's wings of life and destiny

See the dragons breathing see them flying in the sky
Killing all the mortals lets us watch and see them die
We kill!
We hear the screams of the laughter
We fly!
To crush and cause disaster
WE FLY!"

Listen to the song here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8iXb-CwTA

This song's not very technical besides the insane riff in the bridge section, and yeah it has an extended solo, so yeah.

Tell me non-metalhead school music teachers, would you be offended by my headbanging?

And what if I did vocals along with my guitarplaying?
*Black metal rasps*
METAL!
Couldn't you just learn a folk song or something? Spare everybody the headache.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
Fun fact: that's Herman Li and Sam Totman's band before they formed Dragonforce.

Edit: spread's it's
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 4, 2011,
Quote by intheshadowplay
Couldn't you just learn a folk song or something? Spare everybody the headache.

yea bore every1 to death instead
Quote by devourke
im a raging faggot

Quote by fail
me2 and everyone picks on me

Quote by itamar100

i have been bullied before and i know what its like. its ****ing horrible and thats why i feel so strongly about fags like me.
Quote by due 07

this got old real fast
Quote by devourke
im a raging faggot

Quote by fail
me2 and everyone picks on me

Quote by itamar100

i have been bullied before and i know what its like. its ****ing horrible and thats why i feel so strongly about fags like me.
why don't you just play a Pete Murray song or something so you don't get hated on.
John Butler ? Shihad? Karnivool? Powderfinger? Cog? instead ? *Excessive ? marks lol
I definitively wouldn't be offended, but the song is probably not the best for your task, I'd pick something other than metal
TS is now my favourite 11'er

"giving rear entry service to a prostitute"
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Drakathan
TS is now my favourite 11'er

"giving rear entry service to a prostitute"

I just love that his name's ultraussie. Like some sort of Australian power ranger.

You're alright kid.
I dont find any metal offensive. Its typically laughable because the lyrics sound like something a suicidal 12 year old would write.

edit: I love the album cover
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
If you can play the whole thing perfectly then do it. Everyone there will be impressed by that and ignore everything else.

But if you go up there and suck it up and growl about hell and killing with the gain on 10 then you will not only fail but be the laughing stock of the school.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Just play "Betterman" - john butler trio. You'll get great marks and praise utilising a slide.

Don't play shitty bland metal that you think defines you.
Play anything by Tom Waits.

Pro Tip #1: Tom Waits is more badass than thousands of metalheads who play put-some-random-word-here-core metal.
KARNIVOOL! Its progressive in drop b/standard hybrid. They ****ing rock. Set Fire to the Hive and All I Know are some recommendations, I tabbed out the latter.

Or you could always play Down Under.

Meshuggah
Necrophagist
Gojira
Tool

World Wildlife Foundation is tha shiz-nit

Wolves, music, computers, football, girls, cars, money, concerts
you almost sound like i know you TS!
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Just play Walkie Talkie Man.
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Your avatar had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave. Nick Cave.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Everybody suggesting Karnivool wins.

Also, you should do some Fair to Midland. I'd go with "A Seafarer's Knot" or "Tall Tales Taste Like Sour Grapes."
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Play a Tommy Emmanuel song and then you won't run in to the problem of offending someone. I'd be offended by the fact that someone made money from those lyrics.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
The main thing about children who try and show off things about themselves in tasks is that most of the time they mould the instructions to what they want to do, and end up not following them.

You would probably get marked down or marked 0 for producing a piece of work that was not relevant to the module and was not known by anybody else in the class, just so the teacher would think you are so "br00tal". The teacher won't think that. They will sigh, give you a poor mark for failing to grasp what the task was about, then move on to marking the next student.

So give that some thought. Is everyone knowing how much you love metal worth getting a poor mark for?
But Mistress_Ibanez, I want to appear cool to my peers. Other forms of music aren't cool at all.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
The main thing about children who try and show off things about themselves in tasks is that most of the time they mould the instructions to what they want to do, and end up not following them.

You would probably get marked down or marked 0 for producing a piece of work that was not relevant to the module and was not known by anybody else in the class, just so the teacher would think you are so "br00tal". The teacher won't think that. They will sigh, give you a poor mark for failing to grasp what the task was about, then move on to marking the next student.

So give that some thought. Is everyone knowing how much you love metal worth getting a poor mark for?

You're totally right. I see this all the time.

Do you teach high school Mistress_Ibanez?
Quote by Lulzcifer
this got old real fast

So have your threads.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Not sure, but this seems relevant:

In the mountains of Norway, where the weather is cold, there's not much to do, except kill each other, and play guitars in the snow. Corpse paint, which is a scary name for make-up, is what they wear. They'd resemble Ink & Dagger, if Ink & Dagger had long hair.

Good song.

I don't see that being overly offensive. Just don't show the album art or discuss the racism.
I'm a metalhead and I'd probably just be embarrassed.

There's a time and a place. The classroom is not it.
he said its gotta be an australian or new zealand song otherwise hell yeah tom waits would be awesome. that or some frank zappa
Do something from Flight of the Conchords.

Bret you got it goin' on ... but changes Bret's name for your teachers.
Quote by drunkass
he said its gotta be an australian or new zealand song otherwise hell yeah tom waits would be awesome. that or some frank zappa

Except that Zappa is from the States......
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
If it's a popular music course, you could play a metal track, although probably not by that band, why are you even listening to racist music?

If it's a straight academic music course, metal isn't appropriate, play a graded piece.
I wouldn't be offended, I'd just laugh at you a lot.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Page 1 of 3