some of my pickguard screws and probably 2 of the bridge screws seem to have no threads. im wonderin what the easiest way is to make them fasten again(rather not do anything provisonally, like throwing a toothpick in the bridge hole and just let it sit there). is there something on a tube i can buy and just put in there?
if it comes to that the easiest/best way is to redrill, any tips?

all replies appreciated
The toothpick trick won't be working for the bridge screws anyway, you know that. There's too much pressure in there. But it can work just fine for the pickguard screws, especially if you add some adhesive to the toothpick! I suggest you pay a visit to a carpenter's shop, you might find the right adhesive there. I guess it's not impossible to find something you could fill with the bridge holes too in a carpenter's shop. Just mention the pressure, so they give you something tough.
Redrilling would be an option too. You must be careful not to mismatch the gauges. And tape the paint surface before drilling, in order to avoid chipping the paint.
Good luck!
thanks for the reply. if i choose to redrill, will any dowel wood work ? or do i need to pick something extra tough? and if i redrill, i will insert the dowel so much that there is 3 or 4mm hole there, so im sure i drill in the exact place
Quote by bonnerik
thanks for the reply. if i choose to redrill, will any dowel wood work ? or do i need to pick something extra tough? and if i redrill, i will insert the dowel so much that there is 3 or 4mm hole there, so im sure i drill in the exact place

Actually, the toothpick trick will work, even on the bridge screws, but you'll want to use some glue to harden things up. Toothpicks are made of hardwood and will hold just fine (assuming that this is a 6 screw tremelo) the tension on the screws is spread out so the tension on one screw isn't that great.

someplace like Lowe's or Home Depot will have some dowel material that might fit the existing hole, but make sure it's hard wood and not pine.

I WOULD NOT re-drill any holes...

I've fixed dozens of my guitars this way, and it's worked for me.... No arguments from the "Experts" necessary..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
hmm. i think i will go with redrilling (im very prudent about my guitars!).