so lately, ive not been getting any better when it comes to soloing? why, i dont understand. i went through a stage of kicking ass and now im not that great to be honest.
at the moment, im in the jimi hendrix, kinda solo ya know what i mean?

i wanna go more into that ... i dunno how else to say it, but like bucketheads fast playing, ive been learning the solo to nottingham lace, but soon as the fast bit comes in, i just **** up, cant go in that speed. does anyone know what i can do to become better at that kinda stuff. so in other words to become faster.
You won't be able to play something fast unless you've either played it slow to a metronome hundreds of times, or are just naturally extremely talented.
Read the techniques sticky at the top of the page.

Playing fast takes time, practice, dedication and really good technique.

But your practice has to be good, and you have to be practicing good stuff.

The sticky will help you out. =)

Also, make sure you know the scales/ arepeggios etc that the stuff your learning is built out of. Not only is it great to know this stuff, its easier for your fingers to go to the right places if they know the scale its built out of, kind of like a frame.
Quote by jkielq91
Read the techniques sticky at the top of the page.

Playing fast takes time, practice, dedication and really good technique.

But your practice has to be good, and you have to be practicing good stuff.

The sticky will help you out. =)

Also, make sure you know the scales/ arepeggios etc that the stuff your learning is built out of. Not only is it great to know this stuff, its easier for your fingers to go to the right places if they know the scale its built out of, kind of like a frame.

+1

Personally, I started off playing a lot of Paul Gilbert stuff. Probably played his stuff for maybe half a year straight - now to a point, my string skipping is half decent. It will take time, and a lot of dedication mate!

But persistence is key!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Alkaline 64
or are just naturally extremely talented.

Such bs should be a bannable offense, no one picked the guitar and shredded instantly, it takes thousand of hours of practice to get to a decent level.

____

Buckethead has tremendous technique and practiced around 12 hours a day working on it,
work on your technique, some of his stuff is insanely fast :P
As other have said perseverance is the key
Last edited by Slashiepie at Dec 4, 2011,
Quote by Slashiepie

Such bs should be a bannable offense, no one picked the guitar and shredded instantly, it takes thousand of hours of practice to get to a decent level.

____

Buckethead has tremendous technique and practiced around 12 hours a day working on it,
work on your technique, some of his stuff is insanely fast :P
As other have said perseverance is the key

I was being sarcastic. I agree with you.
Maybe your ears are progressing faster than your fingers, so now you can hear the difference between how you want to sound and how you actually play. That would definitely be a good thing

Either way just keep pushing yourself and stay out of your "comfort zone" when practising. The things you are good at are practised when you're jamming/playing anyway, it's the stuff you suck at that you should practise the most
Last edited by Guitarra_acores at Dec 4, 2011,