Hey guys!
Is it possible to use a distortion pedal with a multieffects pedal? I'll probably be running the multieffects pedal through an FRFR amp or a Keyboard amp or something so if i use a stomp box, wont it suck?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Yes, you can use a distortion pedal with a multi-effects pedal. Loop the distortion pedal in with the FX board.
No, you shouldn't run a guitar through a keyboard amp. Pretty sure they're line level inputs, not instrument level? Fellow nerds correct me if I'm wrong, but it's guaranteed to sound like shit since there's no guitar-spec'd preamp as such.
No, I don't know what an 'FRFR' amp is.
Yes, it'll most definitely sound like shit.
Quote by Kikuta
Yes, you can use a distortion pedal with a multi-effects pedal. Loop the distortion pedal in with the FX board.
No, you shouldn't run a guitar through a keyboard amp. Pretty sure they're line level inputs, not instrument level? Fellow nerds correct me if I'm wrong, but it's guaranteed to sound like shit since there's no guitar-spec'd preamp as such.

This.
Guitar pickups don't produce a strong enough signal to use with a line-level input. It'll be quiet and probably have incredibly poor sound quality
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Kikuta

The Roland KC Keyboard amps are a popular topic amongst some modeller users...i use to pair up 2 to use with a POD X3... They have no problem taking the Multi-Fx...now of course plugging the guitar directly into it is a weak signal, but he'd be running his Multi Fx into it first so it will work fine sense the Multi Fx would be the preamp...

They claim to be FRFR which is why some modeller users have used them, but i dont believe they are 100% FRFR, i always had to roll off the treble on them a tad and boost the mids on the KCs...

But two of them were loud enough to compete with a drummer, was a total of 360watts. but i pushed them rather hard and blew a tweeter on one.

What multi Fx are you using topic starter?
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at Dec 4, 2011,
Some pretty ill-informed replies here. If the Mfx has amp sims which sound good on headphones, it'll probably sound better through a budget keyboard amp FRFR(flat response, full range) amp than a budget guitar amp. There are no issues plugging most Mfx into the inputs of such amps either.

What Mfx are you referring to?
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
I was talking about the Korg AX3000G my friend owns. Ok so Will the distortion pedal sound really bad if i run it through the effects loop?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Plugging guitar into a keyboard amp works perfectly fine, though it doesnt sound like a guitar anymore. Keyboard amps have their own internal preamps.

He wants to use a modeller with the keyboard amp with the stompbox in the modellers loop.

It will work perfectly fine.

Why though? Most modellers have their own stompbox models.

Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
The Roland KC Keyboard amps are a popular topic amongst some modeller users...i use to pair up 2 to use with a POD X3... They have no problem taking the Multi-Fx...now of course plugging the guitar directly into it is a weak signal, but he'd be running his Multi Fx into it first so it will work fine sense the Multi Fx would be the preamp...

They claim to be FRFR which is why some modeller users have used them, but i dont believe they are 100% FRFR, i always had to roll off the treble on them a tad and boost the mids on the KCs...

But two of them were loud enough to compete with a drummer, was a total of 360watts. but i pushed them rather hard and blew a tweeter on one.

What multi Fx are you using topic starter?

How loud is your drummer? My 75W KB4 makes my drummers roof rattle louder than his drums at 4/10.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Dec 5, 2011,
I use distortion stomps with multifx all the time. And yes you can run a multifx into a KB amp just fine.
Quote by Paddy McK
This.
Guitar pickups don't produce a strong enough signal to use with a line-level input. It'll be quiet and probably have incredibly poor sound quality

The signal will be strong enough once it leaves the MFX unit. Most of them even have a volume knob so you can tweak the output level.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
^Ive connected guitar to keyboard amp fine. Keyboard amps have both high impendance and low impedance inputs.
Using an MFX in front of a keyboard amp is actually quieter than plugging directly into it, since youre effectively using two preamps then.

That said, what TS is planning is perfectly fine.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Dec 5, 2011,