I live in an apartment and wont be having my own house for along time so i'm just looking for something small and portable, What are the opinions between these two micro amps? Is there some other mini amps I should look into?

I like the fact that the orange is only $50-$60. Would I be better off to get that and then a pedal assortment? Or is the double to triple the of a microcube worth the built in effects?

I play metal, so super clean cleans are not so important to me but i obviously don't want it to sound like complete ass.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Last edited by The_Hell_Patrol at Dec 4, 2011,
don't roland offer a standard microcube at about half the price of an RX? its still almost double the price of an orange microcrush, but it does offer a lot more features, (very good) amp modelling etc etc.

What other gear do you own/what's your plans for the future?
If this is only temporary, a supercheap orangemicrocrush plus some good pedals could tide you over until you can play through a real amp, whereas roland microcube will offer a better tone and more features if you intend to keep the amp for a while.

Have you considered something like a pod+headphones or computer software instead?
call me ziggy.
My bad, I meant orange microcrush, yeah the rx is the new model of the microcube, with 4 small speakers instead of one bigger one, seems to have some real nice features but on all the sites I looked at so far its around $260 before shipping. I don't really have much plans for the future, I wont spend money buying a large amp yet because I may be moving around in the next couple years, so that is why I am looking for something small and portable but still useable. The Cube might be better for my needs I am just wondering if the big price difference is worth it. I haven't looked into a pod with headphones, could you enlighten me? I guess I do alot of playing with headphones because I don't want a noise complaint so maybe that wouldnt be a bad route to go? Thanks for the help.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I live in an apartment and wont be having my own house for along time so i'm just looking for something small and portable, What are the opinions between these two micro amps? Is there some other mini amps I should look into?

orange has this too

http://www.bing.com/shopping/orange-cr6s-stereo-micro-crush-pix-amp-mini/p/14378787072AE2205001?q=orange+mini+amp&lpq=orange%20mini%20amp&FORM=HURE

it has two 4" speakers and an onboard tuner. will play mp3 players with an aux in jack. 6 watts.

the roland you mention looks a bit more capable with onboard DSP effects (i assume reverb, chorus, etc). at 2 watts. aux in. 5" speaker.

pignose also makes an amp that is battery powered. no effects, but it's pretty cool.

http://www.pignoseamps.com/

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
Would I be better off to get that and then a pedal assortment? Or is the double to triple the of a microcube worth the built in effects?

I play metal, so super clean cleans are not so important to me but i obviously don't want it to sound like complete ass.

i'd just go with software or a multi effects if i was going to go the pedal route.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Obviously you have a computer so... Cheap audio interface + Peavey Revalver and headphones.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I was looking at the line 6 pod, which model would be recommended? Seems pretty cool, how does it all work?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn