Page 1 of 2
Basically, how well are you at pleasing your teacher?

In classes, both university and school, I would catch on and learn subjects really easy while I noticed that many others had to work their asses off. And even though I knew the subjects better than my classmates, I would generally get lower marks because I wouldn't usually complete tasks which I didn't consider "contributing" to knowledge. What about you?
I'm an upper-middle student. I do my shit and I do my shit well, but there's still a bit of room for improvement.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Yeah this thread is just minutes away from drowning in a sea of "I don't apply myself"
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I'm alright. I'm far too lazy though.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
It depends on my mental state. If I'm feeling like shit I don't do any work at all. If I'm doing fine, I do it all, religiously.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
When I was doing my A-Levels, my history teacher described me to my Dad as his 'biggest disappointment'. I was a C student, and he foolishly thought I could do better. I ended with a D overall.
I got all A's through high school almost effortlessly. Went to class every day. Now I'm at Uni and I'm getting A's and B's pretty easily, I go to class most of the time, and get high before class probably too often but it hasn't harmed anything

Makes me laugh that I can bullshit a paper in my writing class hours before its due and get a high B while the people that worked their asses off get D's
I got decent enough grades but I hardly applied myself. It makes me sad looking back at what I could have been. /emo
I am really smart and i skated through elementary and middle school unbelievably easy. I'm a sophomore in HS now and i dont try, and i hear crap about not living up to my potential etc.
Quote by RPGoof
I got all A's through high school almost effortlessly. Went to class every day. Now I'm at Uni and I'm getting A's and B's pretty easily, I go to class most of the time, and get high before class probably too often but it hasn't harmed anything

Makes me laugh that I can bullshit a paper in my writing class hours before its due and get a high B while the people that worked their asses off get D's

I took one test this term after going to the pub. I got 93%, with the top grade boundary set at 70%. I nailed it in a pretty cocky manner basically. I don't feel cocky about it though. I did well, and I'm proud of myself, but I'm getting good grades in that module without much effort at all. This is not the same for everyone, I suspect I'm one of the top in my class. That's not something for me to be too proud of. Working hard and achieving something which actually pushes your limits is something to be proud of. Don't get cocky.
I'm an engineer, but not as good of a student as I should be. Sometimes I get too lazy. My grades are alright. I'll be getting just over 3 for a gpa this semester. I hardly studied in high school, but now I study a lot because I actually need to here.
Quote by Craigo
My performance and work ethic fluctuate terribly with not enough correlation between the two to motivate me more.

This. My uni doesn't assign grades though, so I'm agreeing based solely on my own assessment of the quality of my work.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
My motivation tends to fluctuate a lot. Some days I'm really diligent & scholarly, others I can't bring myself to open a book. But as results go, yes, I am a good student.
Quote by RPGoof

You sound like the asshole valedictorian who talked down to everyone in high school.

As for me though I've always had motivation issues, I could do a lot better if I applied myself more but I manage to make decent grades without it, and I got into the colleges I wanted so whatever.
I get all A's

Well, I have a B+ in AP US History, but I might be able to bring that up, and it gets weighted as a 4.3 even if I can't.

EDIT: When it comes to teachers, I can't remember ever having a teacher who didn't like me. Well, except, coincidentally, possibly my APUSH teacher. Then again, he's rather cynical, and I'm not sure he favors any student. At least he can teach well
Last edited by Kevin19 at Dec 4, 2011,
I honestly had trouble not paying attention in highschool which I know almost all my friends were the opposite lol. Now in college it is basically the same, I got all A's last semester, except now my Plant Bio class is killing my brain cells.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Dude they don't even know I exist, and that's just the way I want it, last thing I want is one of my high-horsed teachers going ''well airlairrr how are you today, wow you're so cool look at you you have awesome grades you're gonna be a better person because of that'' when really i dont give a flying **** at all and the last thing I'm doing when I leave that place is ripping that piece of paper out of their hands and telling them how happy they must feel now that they've contributed so much to someone's life by giving them their noble piece of paper.
Quote by lushacrous
I'm an upper-middle student. I do my shit and I do my shit well, but there's still a bit of room for improvement.

This is me. I'm smart but have no desire to be the smartest really.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I didn't really care enough to keep up my grades and do all my work work so I only graduated high school with a B average, 16 uni credits and got accepted easily into a decent university.

Seriously, I learned and absorbed knowledge a lot easier than many of the smartest people in my class but didn't put in a fraction of the effort.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I'm a great student.

I get B's without trying and high A's when I sort of try.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by metalblaster
Dude they don't even know I exist, and that's just the way I want it, last thing I want is one of my high-horsed teachers going ''well airlairrr how are you today, wow you're so cool look at you you have awesome grades you're gonna be a better person because of that'' when really i dont give a flying **** at all and the last thing I'm doing when I leave that place is ripping that piece of paper out of their hands and telling them how happy they must feel now that they've contributed so much to someone's life by giving them their noble piece of paper.

Wow does it hurt to be so angsty. Sorry your teachers obviously realized that the elitist high school students are better left ignored.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by metalblaster

OT: I got reasonably grades. They could have been higher. I wish they were, then getting into Uni now would be a whole lot less stressful.
I always get my work done and I have a knack for charming the **** out of adults so I'd say I'm in good standing with my professors.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
In Highschool, no. I was lazy and rarely did work or assignments I deemed unimportant. In the 1st 3 years of college yeah, I was a good student. I worked my ass off, averaged like 3-4 hours of sleep a night, and pulled 1-2 all nighters a week to get all of my work done. Engineering is hard. However I am a senior now, and I am basically the lazy college senior.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by metalblaster

Yeah because it's just about a sheet of paper, right? fuck all the things they actually taught you while you were there.

Personally, I am a bad student. I have real problems with listening, I just don't listen to people. I switch off pretty much instantly. I know I have to force myself to take notes in lectures all the time because if I just sit there and listen I will switch off and think about something else within about a minute and then be lost when it comes to applying the topic.
I'm alright. I procrastinate as much as possible, but I get everything done.

I've pretty much lied about the progress of my senior project, so I've got to actually do work on that pretty soon. Sigh.
Last edited by due 07 at Dec 4, 2011,
holy cow im like the class geek when it comes to school probs because theyre all brain dead anyway. i listen to music, chew and tweet every single lesson though
im ashamed.

EDIT:
i never actually hear the teacher tell us what to do, i just sit there for a few minutes before realising everyone else is writing. anyone else like this?
Soy un perdedor.

Sans.
Last edited by YorkieBar147 at Dec 4, 2011,
Quote by YorkieBar147
EDIT:
i never actually hear the teacher tell us what to do, i just sit there for a few minutes before realising everyone else is writing. anyone else like this?

I used to be.
Yes but not on weekends
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by lushacrous

Same.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Page 1 of 2