I'm looking for a compressor pedal to play mainly country with (chicken pickin' sort of stuff), but I suppose also for general use. From my research, it seems to be that the Keeley comp is the go-to pedal, but it's a bit out of my price range. I'm looking for something within £150 (around $230 USD); the cheaper, the better. Any recommendations? Is there a 'best compressor' out there in this range?

Also, any advice on things to look for (particular controls, hardware) would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Brainpolice2
To my knowledge, the 2-knob Keeley compresser is within the price range mentioned. It's only the 4-knob version that is a bit more.

The cheapest I can find for the 2-knob is £179, unfortunately.
The going price for the Keeley 2-knob compressor seems to be $229 on the stores on ebay, get that!
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Shor
The going price for the Keeley 2-knob compressor seems to be $229 on the stores on ebay, get that!

I'm in the UK, shipping could be a problem ;_;

Is the Keeley basically the only one worth the money?
Quote by SideshowBob180
I'm in the UK, shipping could be a problem ;_;

Is the Keeley basically the only one worth the money?

I order stuff to Sweden all the time and shipping has never been a problem so far
I doubt it's the only one worth the money, but it's guaranteed to be great at what you want it for
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Shor
I order stuff to Sweden all the time and shipping has never been a problem so far
I doubt it's the only one worth the money, but it's guaranteed to be great at what you want it for

Hmm, well since it seems to be the favourite, maybe it's worth risking it.

Cheers!
The diamond is nice. Carl Martin makes a couple of comps, the black and purple one is really nice, I haven't tried the classic compressor. The Barber Tone Press is nice too, and in your price range.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Diamond comp is good, but it might be too transparent for country.

i've got some country sounding smack from it

not that i really know what country sounds like..
mojostompboxes.com