inb4 the pope/christianity's a fail anyway.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Who gives a f*ck about what that guy thinks?

I bet he wouldn't even be able to have a boner, let alone having sex without being sucked by one of his boys.

^Also this, I was expecting this to be some pedobear bs but it turned out to be a brillant song. I am gonna play it in my church
"Back in my day rapin kids wasn't no big thing"

lol ok Julius Caesar

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Basti95
(He was also kind-of-a-bit-of-a-nazi though.)

I learned recently that the Hitler Youth was a compulsory thing from around '37 (or somewhere around that) onwards, and if a childs parents didn't allow their children to be in it, the child could be taken from his/her parents.

So he probably didn't want to be in the hitller youth. though even when it wasn't compulsory most kids wanted to join because all of their friends at school were in it, and got to wear their uniforms and shit, so peer pressure also played a part.

But he's a **** either way in my opinion
Sing me to sleep.
Maybe killing is worse than child rape (and paedophillic crimes covering a wide of bad things and they are not always the worst), but Ratzinger should not cover for sex offenders. This is why I hate him.
Quote by aeroslash09
I learned recently that the Hitler Youth was a compulsory thing from around '37 (or somewhere around that) onwards, and if a childs parents didn't allow their children to be in it, the child could be taken from his/her parents.

So he probably didn't want to be in the hitller youth. though even when it wasn't compulsory most kids wanted to join because all of their friends at school were in it, and got to wear their uniforms and shit, so peer pressure also played a part.

But he's a **** either way in my opinion

But I'm sure he secretly enjoyed it >_>

/i don't like the pope
Quote by ArtyArnaud

I bet he wouldn't even be able to have a boner, let alone having sex without being sucked by one of his boys.

^Also this, I was expecting this to be some pedobear bs but it turned out to be a brillant song. I am gonna play it in my church

We're talking about the pope. This is the religious leader of the Catholic faith, a religion with millions upon millions of followers. The pope pretty much has the power to tell these people what they can or can't do.

He's also abusing his near untouchable position to cover up for people who have done baaaaad things. Instead of doing the right thing he screws over people who have been wronged and scarred for life in favour of pretecting the reputation of his church.
Quote by frankv
We're talking about the pope. This is the religious leader of the Catholic faith, a religion with millions upon millions of followers. The pope pretty much has the power to tell these people what they can or can't do.

He's also abusing his near untouchable position to cover up for people who have done baaaaad things. Instead of doing the right thing he screws over people who have been wronged and scarred for life in favour of pretecting the reputation of his church.

Right, like an organization would appoint a leader who wouldn't do that.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

^You would...
Quote by SteveHouse
Right, like an organization would appoint a leader who wouldn't do that.

That doesn't make it any less rotten. This isn't a normal company, it's the Roman Catholic Church, they shouldn't be trying to make a profit. The success of their own institution shouldn't matter to them, except for how well they're doing convincing people of their beliefs.

I'm a realist, I realise these things are bound to happen, but that doesn't mean we should be okay with it.
Quote by ArtyArnaud

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by frankv

That doesn't make it any less rotten. This isn't a normal company, it's the Roman Catholic Church, they shouldn't be trying to make a profit. The success of their own institution shouldn't matter to them, except for how well they're doing convincing people of their beliefs.

I'm a realist, I realise these things are bound to happen, but that doesn't mean we should be okay with it.

I never said we should be okay with it, or that I'm okay with it, just that there's no reason to expect any less of an established organization.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by frankv
It just pisses me off though that we should expect this from people who should ideally be naive sweethearts.

ANY organization, once established, no matter what its stated purpose, will start to act solely in the interest of self-preservation.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by frankv

I thought that was what he was supposed to do

I am not good with this religious thing I guess...
Quote by SteveHouse
ANY organization, once established, no matter what its stated purpose, will start to act solely in the interest of self-preservation.

I know, and I hate it.

Quote by ArtyArnaud
I thought that was what he was supposed to do

I am not good with this religious thing I guess...

Why can't he just drink tea and say wise things to those who need it all day?
Last edited by frankv at Dec 4, 2011,
Wow, this guy is justifying the molestation of children? I'm disgusted.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I don't believe pedophiles are inherently evil. The pope brought up the point that in history girls were married from the age of 12 and up. Both of those are valid points. The pope points out that 70 ish years ago an 18 year old male would publicly admit his attraction to a 14 year old girl whereas now that is considered taboo. He was not justifying sexual abuse simply pointing out a relevant social observation.
This is the best news article I've ever read! I've never hated religion as much as I do now.

Edit:
Quote by Jawlytomtom
I don't believe pedophiles are inherently evil. The pope brought up the point that in history girls were married from the age of 12 and up. Both of those are valid points. The pope points out that 70 ish years ago an 18 year old male would publicly admit his attraction to a 14 year old girl whereas now that is considered taboo. He was not justifying sexual abuse simply pointing out a relevant social observation.

Damn, you have a point. It must just be a coincidence.
Last edited by ChamsRock at Dec 4, 2011,