Page 1 of 2
Yep, can you suggest a few famous ( or less famous ) songs in D..... (Not Drop D)

Cheers
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
Rolling Stones - Dead Flowers
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Canon Rock.

And the song that Pachalbel guy wrote which was inspired off Canon Rock. I think it was called Canon as well.
I Fought The Law and Rudie Can't Fail by The Clash if I can remember correctly.
She's So Untouchable and You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory by Johnny Thunders
If we are talking about the key of D. If the tuning. I have no idea.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Dec 4, 2011,
Gojira uses D standard tuning, although their last album had some in drop C.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Do you mean songs in the key of D or in D tuning? basically any southern rock song is in the key of D major. i believe it's called a mixolydian mode. Drowning face down by saving abel is also in d.
Quote by iambosh
Do you mean songs in the key of D or in D tuning? basically any southern rock song is in the key of D major. i believe it's called a mixolydian mode. Drowning face down by saving abel is also in d.

D major is D Major. D mixolydian is D mixolydian. You don't want to accidentally fuck up your sevenths now do ya?
Quote by devourke
D major is D Major. D mixolydian is D mixolydian. You don't want to accidentally fuck up your sevenths now do ya?

I understood sweet, sweet fuuuck all.
Quote by Lord_Doku
I'd rather like to know some good songs in F# minor.

Guns of Brixton for one.
Everlong by the Foo Fighters
Gear

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Fender Stratocaster HW1
Squier Vint mod P-bass
Boss DS-2 distortion
electro-harmonics "Small Clone"
Roland GA-60 combo amplifier (nickname "Nap attack")
Mountain Song by Joe Bonamassa - I think it might be in Drop D but you can easily play it in standard, and I think it does change key at points, but the majority is in D
Quote by Mark Roxx
Whoever Kiaran Jay is, is my hero.
Bach's Toccatta and Fugue in Dm
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by iambosh

Mixolydian is a separate mode from major (aka Ionian mode), so no.
you could just transcribe a song...
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Key of D? Love Story by Taylor Swift. Watch out for the final chorus though, it goes up to E!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Classical stuff brah.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
Uh... You only have like.... 12 keys, in a way, so the number of songs in d major are quite numerous.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
D Major - Moonage Daydream
D Minor - Sloe Gin
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by RU Experienced?
Sweet Jane - The Velvet Underground
Bad Moon Rising - CCR

Lots of songs.

And Heroin and I'm Waiting For The Man by VU aswell.
Quote by iambosh

Something can't be in the key of D and D mixolydian simultaneously.

D major: D E F# G A B C#
D mixolydian: D E F# G A B C

FYI, if a song has a combination of these chords, you can safely assume it's in D:

D major/sus2/sus4
E minor/sus2/sus4
F# minor/sus4
G major/sus2/sus4
A major/sus2
B minor/sus2/sus4
C# diminished

I didn't add 7ths, 6ths and what have you because that would just make this even more messy and bleh.
Wonderboy, Tenacious D. Your search is finally over, congratulations!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Page 1 of 2