Hi guys,
I've been hearing good stuff about eq pedals recently but I'm not so sure of what they actually do and how to use them. All I now is that they change your tone in some way.

Could you please explain this.

I have also been interested in buying one. Could you recommend any good ones in the $50 price range (used is fine). I remember seeing someone highly recommend a $40 eq pedal here a week ago but I can't remember the name. It was red and has only 2 knobs. If you can recognize is please tell me and also recommend others eq pedals that you may think are better.

Thinks
Quote by telemetal
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ.

This this and this.

OP, just google 'equalizer' and you should be able to figure out what it does. Basically its like treble and bass controls on your amp, except there are more of them, each adjusting a different range of frequencies.
i'd be tempted to try the joyo one. I haven't tried it, but i've tried one of their other pedals and was very impressed considering how cheap it is. Lots of other people are singing their pedals' praises, too (mainly the ods and distortions, though).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a used Boss GE-7. It not only dials in a great tone, but can be used as a boost for solos as it has a volume control. They are $100 new but are all over the place used for $40-$50
Fish n Chips.

It's served me well...but the button's a bit weird. Cheap as hell too, for the amount it functions.
Quote by itamar100
Hi guys,
I've been hearing good stuff about eq pedals recently but I'm not so sure of what they actually do and how to use them. All I now is that they change your tone in some way.

Take a read through this.
http://www.howtogeek.com/59467/htg-explains-what-is-an-equalizer-and-how-does-it-work/

This should help explain a bit and hopefully not be too complicated.
Quote by Fear The Abyss
Save up the cash and get a Dunlop 10 Band EQ... Or a 6 Band.

These are also great pedals!! MXR(Dunlop) pedals are some of my favorite and usually have lower noise levels than Boss. These are a little harder to find used but not impossible. I am not a big fan of Danelectro pedals (fish n chips) as they are cheap, brittle and made of plastic. I have a friend that has broken several of these pedals. He could've been more careful but with Boss and MXR, you don't have to be careful. You could toss them down a flight of stairs and be alright. Get something with a metal housing so it'll last a long time.