Hi I have been using Adobe Audition mostly in the past to mix and record things, I havent recorded anything for a few years now and I used to use windows XP. Now I am on windows 7, and I can get Reason via Rewire working in Adobe Audition 3.0, but guitar rig and amplitube are greyed out as VSTs... I can get Amplitube working in Audition CS5 but.... I can't seem to find rewire for Reason!

In short : I want some mixing software that is compatible with Reason AND the Amplitube VST (or Guitar Rig)
Last edited by NeptuneUK at Dec 4, 2011,
try using Reaper. Its free. Never tried using Rewire with it though

http://www.reaper.fm/

Stay Frosty
Main Gear:

Xaviere XV-870
w/ 2 "Dream 180" Humbuckers + Mid Boost Mod + Coil Tap

Peavey Classic 30

Modified Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Digitech Bass Synth Wah
GFS Twin Overdrive
Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Line 6 DL4
Boss ME-70

Quote by NeptuneUK
Hi I have been using Adobe Audition mostly in the past to mix and record things, I havent recorded anything for a few years now and I used to use windows XP. Now I am on windows 7, and I can get Reason bie Rewire working in Adobe Audition 3.0, but guitar rig and amplitube are greyed out as VSTs... I can get Amplitube working in Audition CS5 but.... I can't seem to find rewire for Reason!

In short : I want some mixing software that is compatible with Reason AND the Amplitube VST (or Guitar Rig)

If I recall correctly, Reason does not and never intends to support 3rd party VSTs.
Cubase an option? Btw, never upgrade to windows 7, it sucks for music production/recording. Unless you find a way to setup your pc in a way that it doesnt use 10000000 resources for useless stuff. I still stick to XP and at the moment i use amplitube 3 and build in cubase effects.
I think I have a copy of a lite version of cubase lying around somewhere I might investigate. Im gonna install XP tomorrow anyway on my spare hard drive.
I honestly can't remember how to set everything up.. NEED HELP.
I have an external USB soundcard (with mic + MIDI + Guitar inputs) And an X-fi Music internal soundcard (which I believe is faster). Should I just use the USB soundcard as the main device for all the music programs via ASIO4ALL?
And is it a daft idea to just try and use the USB soundcard as a fancy way of getting my guitar/mic plugged into the line in? (which I don't think is possible in windows 7 as there is a stupid 100ms delay)

I can't seem to get amplitube to recognise the inputs in either Reaper or Audition 3.0 as a VST, but the standalone version works fine with exactly the same settings
Last edited by NeptuneUK at Dec 4, 2011,
Well windows7 has a way of delaying everything, so i guess it is not possible in windows 7. I own a pretty expensive RME soundcard, which has build in memory and even that one has problems with windows7, so go figure lol. I dont know what Cubase Light has to offer, i guess it is the same thing but stripped down to a certain extent, i guess you will have VST options in it, so a program like amplitube would run.

You could go to device central/vst connections and make sure it is set to asio4all in your case, or just see for yourself which one is quicker. I always think usb means slow down, and straight into cpu is quickest way, or from preamp into cpu but since u dont have a preamp i would go straight i guess, but that is just my way of thinking. To me it seems usb means just another thing down the line to slow stuff down.