I like Schecter more, but that's just because they seem a bit more versatile and handle rhythm much better than most Ibanez guitars I've played. I've only play RGs though, so I'm sure that Ibanez has some more versatile guitars.
Ibanez seems to cater more to Shredders and lead players, while Schecter is more of a versatile guitar (IMO of course). My friend has a 7 string Schecter and it plays like a dream.
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."

So what...I like Metal...sue me

"music elitists"
Love them both,

Shecter caters more towards the Mid-High end guitars and are really versatile

Ibanez provides more inexpensive guitars but have really nice high end guitars and are great for shredding and lead play.
Quote by tyrogue
Ibanez seems to cater more to Shredders and lead players, while Schecter is more of a versatile guitar (IMO of course). My friend has a 7 string Schecter and it plays like a dream.

Yes, the Schecter is a much more versicle guitar, I see jazz and blues players using them all the time!
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Unless you're talking about specific models, this thread is completely pointless. You can't compare brands. Both brands have many types of guitars that cater to all sorts of players.

Edit the OP or I'll report it as a spam vs thread.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Unless you're talking about specific models, this thread is completely pointless. You can't compare brands. Both brands have many types of guitars that cater to all sorts of players.

Edit the OP or I'll report it as a spam vs thread.

+1

I could say ibby gio vs schecter custom...

Also....no vs threqds so...ya
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by queen471
I own both. But I prefer the Schecter Damien Elite 6. Ibanez bridges are shite

Yes. All of them. Utter shite...

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
you cant really compare the manufacturers as a whole just individual guitars i own one of each and enjoy both.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300