I'm looking to buy my first acoustic guitar and I really liked the Seagull S6.
The problem is that they don't sell it at my country.

So the question is, can I order one from abroad and be sure it will survive the international shipping without a case? I never ordered a guitar online so I do not know how they package it - hence my question.

The shipment is made via UPS international.

Thanks.
Luckily acoustic guitars are very light. You might have better luck posting this in the acoustic forum rather than the electric forum though.

I would think it would be fine assuming they pack it well -- I mean they must ship them all the time, right? But what about insurance on the shipping? Doesn't UPS offer insurance on the shipment?
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
The question isnt really can it survive shipping. the question is do you want to risk it?

Pay the extra and get the case + the peace of mind knowing that it will turn up in one piece
Buy the case, then you can carry it around, and it won't get hurt.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Buy the case for sure
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Just to make sure you understand - I buy it online from the store. I do not get the guitar and then ship it internationally by my own.
Aren't they package the guitar well before they ship it? - I ask anyone who ever bought a guitar online.

Also, if I buy a guitar with a case in a bundle - for example:http://www.amazon.com/Seagull-Acoustic-Guitar-Bundle--Stage/dp/B004TBGPBO/ref=sr_1_19?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1323053387&sr=1-19
Does get the guitar inside the case before they package it and ship it? I hope it's not a silly question
Last edited by magX at Dec 4, 2011,
Quote by magX
Just to make sure you understand - I buy it online from the store. I do not get the guitar and then ship it internationally by my own.
Aren't they package the guitar well before they ship it? - I ask anyone who ever bought a guitar online.

Also, if I buy a guitar with a case in a bundle - for example:http://www.amazon.com/Seagull-Acoustic-Guitar-Bundle--Stage/dp/B004TBGPBO/ref=sr_1_19?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1323053387&sr=1-19
Does get the guitar inside the case before they package it and ship it? I hope it's not a silly question

I think if a seller is regularly shipping guitars without cases it will be just fine. They ship them in a cardboard box that is shaped similar to the guitar. This will go inside another larger cardboard box with packing materials. The packing material will keep the guitar secure. Don't worry about it.

Can you purchase insurance through UPS on an international shipment? It's usually only a few dollars.

If you buy a guitar with a case it will come inside the case. They will put the guitar in the case and then put the case inside a larger cardboard box with packing materials to keep it safe.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Last edited by richardlpalmer at Dec 5, 2011,
I was more worried about the price of the shipment due to the increased weight of the package if I add a case. I contacted the delivery company(I do not use UPS directly), and it shouldn't make a different -they have fixed price for shipping guitars(with or without a case). So i guess i'll get it with a case

Now I just have to find the best deal for Seagull Entourage Rustic + case. Is it allowed to ask in the forum where is the best deal for some guitar? If so, where should I ask it?
Ive shippped 50+ pound amps(mesa rectifiers and peavey 5150s) to france and russia in single boxes with just bubble wrap and peanuts no problems through usps just make sure the guitars insured to be safe.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean