Just curious if any of you amp nerdz knew the reasons for this, but what exactly in the ENGL and Soldano amps give it a ridiculously thunderous sounding low end but a tight/non woofy low end at the same time?

Thanks
Hey guys I'm just wondering how my ice cream is melted and frozen at the same time.

Thanks.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by Ayses
Hey guys I'm just wondering how my ice cream is melted and frozen at the same time.

Thanks.

Because of the salt content. The salt keeps the water in the milk from freezing. Thus making it creamy instead of crystally

Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
If you don't know, don't respond. You look soo cool trying to make fun of me on a messageboard
tone stack, really beefy transformers. there are amps with even a deeper bottom than those, take for example, my Splawn Nitro, that sucker has bass/low mids to hell and back. also it really depends what cabinet you are playing it through. if you are playing it through an oversized rec cab, its going to be a lot different than a soldano cab, or an engl cab or a Marshall cab, also what speakers are a huge going into it as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Circuit design. Thats what.

"Loose" bass response like on a lot of vintage amps comes from slower power rectifiers- it takes a bit of time for the note that you play to fully form, since there is a short lag between playing that note and all the electric current needed to produce that note hitting the speakers.

To replicate this, Mesa's Dual Rec series has two rectifiers- one solid state for tighter stuff and one tube for saggier stuff.

Though tube rectifier doesnt necessarily mean loose- but its usually easier to get a tight sound with a solid state one.

EDIT: That said, since when have Engl's have had thunderous low end? All the clips I have heard had very "tight" sounds, without that much bass
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Dec 5, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Circuit design. Thats what.

"Loose" bass response like on a lot of vintage amps comes from slower power rectifiers- it takes a bit of time for the note that you play to fully form, since there is a short lag between playing that note and all the electric current needed to produce that note hitting the speakers.

To replicate this, Mesa's Dual Rec series has two rectifiers- one solid state for tighter stuff and one tube for saggier stuff.

Though tube rectifier doesnt necessarily mean loose- but its usually easier to get a tight sound with a solid state one.

EDIT: That said, since when have Engl's have had thunderous low end? All the clips I have heard had very "tight" sounds, without that much bass

thanks man. Idk, I played one the other day with my les paul classic and the low end was pretty gnarly
Quote by ipunchcouches
If you don't know, don't respond. You look soo cool trying to make fun of me on a messageboard

When you start out with a post by stating 'amp nerdz' you come off as an ass. Yeah, it may be in jest, and you may not mean anything by it, but the way its phrased, you come off not cool. They are merely responding to your insult.

You can avoid that by avoiding those kind of comments and simply starting off the thread with your question. No need to address anyone. I am being objective here as well.