In Sept. 2010 i got my first guitar a Squire Strat and I love it, its been over a year now and I think I need to upgrade. I have $900 and im really into John Fruscainte so I have decided to get a sunburst Strat, but I dont know what kind. Should I get a Brand new MIM, a used American , or the road worn series.
what about a Stratocaster that was made in mexico?
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
^^ he does mention getting a new made in mexico strat.

I would recommend getting a used american strat. You could get a pretty decent used, or new american strat for $900.
I'm actually also a HUGE fan of Frusciante. Nice to meet you
I'm actually planning on getting a made in Mexico strat and replacing the pickups to bare knuckles mothers milk pickups which are meant to sound just like Frusciante and it'll still be cheaper and sound better than an American one and if you also replace the bridge itd play better to for the same price as one.
Quote by xXRocketManXx
In Sept. 2010 i got my first guitar a Squire Strat and I love it, its been over a year now and I think I need to upgrade. I have $900 and im really into John Fruscainte so I have decided to get a sunburst Strat, but I dont know what kind. Should I get a Brand new MIM, a used American , or the road worn series.

Are yo gigging? What kind of amp have you got?

I'll admit to being a Frusiciante nut too, The Empyrean, Curtains and Californication are among my absolute favourite albums!

Honestly, I think perhaps an American Series Strat is overkill for someone who's only been playing a year (no offense) - but if that's what you want and can afford, I see no problem.

Personally I think a Japanese-built Fender would be great for you - they're generally halfway between Mexican and American in build quality and price. The Highway One strat would also be a good choice.
the road worn is just a MIM with a bit of scratched paint and they charge an extra $250 for it even though it can be done at home.
Upgrade your amp, if it's one that came with a Squier package.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!