I've been playing for about 5 years and I am looking to buy a good guitar. The one i have now just isnt cutting it anymore. I am a huge fan of metal(insert subgenre here). My musical influences range from TDWP, ADTR, a7x, to Maroon 5. I want a guitar that has the ability to lay crushing distortion, big sustain, good harmonic pick up, with slicing solo tones, a smooth neck, and warm clean sounds.

Anyway, I am asking for your opinion on your favorite guitar. My budget lands right around $900 or so. My favorite guitar so far I have found is the Schecter Hellraiser c1 fr.

Thanks
Are you willing to go used? If so, for that money you can get a pretty sweet Carvin.
Heard a lot of good things about the Schecter though.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
I'm pretty open to that. The thing is I live in the middle of nowhere, so I usually can only get things shipped to me new. What model carvin would you recommend?
I know exactly what you are looking for.
Check out the Ibanez "Iceman" ICT700. Its amazing for shredding metal riffs and equally amazing for soloing. I bought mine several years ago, so i can't remember the price, i dont think it was more than 900
Quote by Dr. McBadass
I'm pretty open to that. The thing is I live in the middle of nowhere, so I usually can only get things shipped to me new. What model carvin would you recommend?

I myself have a CT6 and I love it. It's pretty amazing, smoothest playing guitar I've ever played ( I haven't played any guitars over €3500 though ) and it's incredibly versatile.
But from what I hear, pretty much all their stuff is good.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
+1 on MIJ charvels. or maybe an MIJ ibanez prestige. EDIT: those carvins would probably be worth a look, too, though i haven't tried them. they have a good rep, though.

excellent username, by the way
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez Prestige or a used prs ce from the 90'ies
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Well, after a ton of searching through your suggestions and things i found on the net I decided to buy the hellraiser. I got a used one (almost mint) with a holiday sale of 15% off, costing me about $600 total. Thanks for all your help guys.
Much appreciated.