Page 1 of 3
Sup Pit,

I was just looking at the online user list at the bottom of the page to see if there were any mods online, and I saw that there were 75 Registered Users online and 78 Guests. I was wondering why these guests were so content in lurking and outnumbering the people that can post, when they could be in here enjoying the Pit in it's inactive time of the night. But then I got bored of wondering that and tried to remember why I joined UG.

I don't remember much but it wasn't for the forums.

If you're a guest with no account on UG you should create an account right now and post in this thread with a witty reply.
I was lurking for like two years before I joined, then my account was inactive for another year before I started actually being here.

OT: I don't remember.
Lurkers are like dark matter. You can't interact with them, but they're everywhere around here, an ominous cloud that makes up for more people on the site than the people you can interact with.
Quote by jetfuel495
I didn't even know how to work a forum back then, and everyone looked so mean at the time.

This so much.

I joined for electric guitar and GG+A. I was looking at buying gear for the first time. Naturally I ignored all their advice - but that's why I joined.

I didn't move to the pit for about a year. Then I didn't understand it for about another two
RIP Gooze

cats
I had lurked for a while, but I gave in and made an account so I could rate and comment on tabs. But I never do that anymore.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by blake1221
Lurkers are like dark matter. You can't interact with them, but they're everywhere around here, an ominous cloud that makes up for more people on the site than the people you can interact with.

haha I love it man. I came here or a long time just looking at tabs before i realized what i Forum even is. As soon as i knew about it, i joined.
My sig? Nice.
I don't know why I joined, either. :\
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
To be honest, before I actually joined UG, I only came here for the tabs, but after awhile and much deliberation (and my band mate at the time telling me to), I finally joined UG. I then went to the Pit first, after hearing all the weirdness that comes out of here. The finally question is...is why are we still here?
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
I joined UG to submit my tabs and I wasn't allowed to download any Guitar Pro tabs without an account. I discovered the forums a year later.
ggg1 ggg3

There are about 50 more guests online now than there were before.

My plan has backfired terribly.
Quote by StewieSwan
I was promised strippers and a pension

I think I was bribed with this bullshit also.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I got tabs and read the occasional news story for at least 2-3 years before I even ventured into the forums, and it was at least another year or so of lurking before I joined, and probably 3-6 months longer before I started posting even intermittently.

I joined so I could post here in the Pit, but everybody hates/flames the noobs from the current month/year, so I held off for a while to minimize that.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Dec 5, 2011,
I cannot remember, I didn't even know how forums worked back then.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I think I joined to comment on an article or download tabs or something, I don't remember. But I lurked the pit before I joined.
cat
I joined UG roughly about 3 yrs before I started having a gander at the forums. It was the tabs and gear reviews that drew me in initially.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
I wanted to rate tabs because there were some really shit ones with good ratings, and I guess I couldnt do that without an account
I joined to post Guitar Pro songs in the Tabs and Chords forum. And amazingly, I still do it.

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
To hype up a guitar battle. I'm originally from mx.

me too.
I've been coming here for just about every day for the last couple of months for the news & forums, but I kind of avoid posting most of the time because I know everyone hates the "newer" people...
Quote by inproninja
I've been coming here for just about every day for the last couple of months for the news & forums, but I kind of avoid posting most of the time because I know everyone hates the "newer" people...

Just get an avatar and a signature and no-one will care that you're new. As long as you're distinguishable from an adbot you'll be welcomed as a bro
Quote by devourke
As long as you're distinguishable from an adbot you'll be welcomed as a bro

Basically this. I don't hate 11'ers as long as I know they aren't poor trolls or adbots
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
Basically this. I don't hate 11'ers as long as I know they aren't poor trolls or adbots

Good 11ers:
ErikLensherr

Bad 11ers:
Lulzcifer

Adbots:
Emily520 or whatever her name was
Quote by devourke
Good 11ers:
ErikLensherr

Bad 11ers:
Lulzcifer

Adbots:
Emily520 or whatever her name was

Exactly. There was also LaidToWaste and Trueamerican who weren't bad from memory. But I don't see them anymore
RIP Gooze

cats
emily was the greatest emily ever.

she deserves a best husband.

idgaf about join dates, if you're a reg and I recognise you, I probably won't bash you for saying something if someone I didn't recognise said it too.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by mulefish
Exactly. There was also LaidToWaste and Trueamerican who weren't bad from memory. But I don't see them anymore
laid-to-waste was on yesterday
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
idgaf about join dates, if you're a reg and I recognise you, I probably won't bash you for saying something if someone I didn't recognise said it too.

I know we played a game of UG Mafia in the Pit and I never looked at your join date, because I played a game in the Group forums and then saw you post in The Pit afterwards and was like "Woah, he's from 05?"

I was surprised
Quote by RedDeath9

me too.

when did you come over here?

after mx got shut down?

what was your username, I forget mine when I was a reg over there but it's dunksnvans nao.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
when did you come over here?

after mx got shut down?

what was your username, I forget mine when I was a reg over there but it's dunksnvans nao.

Yeah, it must have been soon after it was shut down that I came over here. Also, I never really became a regular there; I think I joined only a bit before it was shut down. My username was some shit like ThriceThursday or something, two of my favorite bands at the time.
Quote by RedDeath9
Yeah, it must have been soon after it was shut down that I came over here. Also, I never really became a regular there; I think I joined only a bit before it was shut down. My username was some shit like ThriceThursday or something, two of my favorite bands at the time.

Ah k, I was on there regularly until I joined here to hype up a guitar battle/stir shit then some dickhead from mx decided to post goatse or M3475P1N and I copped a ban over there and the blame for it, though I was being a jackass so it wasn't fully unwarranted, they didn't ban me here though because they knew I didn't post it so I had to stick around UG had a good community back then, good discussion.

Quote by devourke
I know we played a game of UG Mafia in the Pit and I never looked at your join date, because I played a game in the Group forums and then saw you post in The Pit afterwards and was like "Woah, he's from 05?"

I was surprised

Yeah, been here a while, although I drop off posting every once in while, this is probably the second longest stint I've done casually posting which is probably only a few months. I went off probably when you joined came back in 08 for a while and then posted in bits during '10.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I was approached by a Russian guy who told that if I didnt join UG my family would be sent for "re-education" in Siberia.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Can't remember, it's been too long. I used the site for tabs, and then saw the forums, so I think I just registered to take part. I was really young
My God, it's full of stars!
I joined coz I couldn't download guitar pro tabs unless I did. Then I discovered the pit....

EDIT:

Quote by deathdrummer
I was approached by a Russian guy who told that if I didnt join UG my family would be sent for "re-education" in Siberia.

You serious?
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Page 1 of 3