can tuning an acoustic a whole step up or higher up from standard tuning have any effect on its neck, like warping the neck?I did xperiment with this tuning for a while on my last acoustic and the neck bent soon after I started xperimenting with it. Could it b tuning it that way the reason why the neck bent afterwards?
Yeah man changing the tuning up or down for extended periods of time can cause neck damage if u dont adjust the neck to fit the tension that the strings put on it
hmm... 5 bucks for a capo or a coupla hundred for a new guitar.....hope your not a fan of taylors.... could get really expensive. think i'd take the capo route too. wow! that's unbelievable that you would do that !
Quote by stepchildusmc
hmm... 5 bucks for a capo or a coupla hundred for a new guitar.....hope your not a fan of taylors.... could get really expensive. think i'd take the capo route too. wow! that's unbelievable that you would do that !
Hm, five bucks for a decent capo, where...?
Quote by CrazyandLazy
If you have a trust rod you can adjust it or something to loosen the neck a bit.

better pay someone to do it for you so you don't mess it up. take money out of your truss account if you have to.
Quote by mike_oxbig
better pay someone to do it for you so you don't mess it up. take money out of your truss account if you have to.
Hm, "trust rod", I've never heard it called that.
Quote by Captaincranky
Hm, "trust rod", I've never heard it called that.

You can Trust that adjusting the Truss rod is not your answer..

even 35 or 40 bucks is better than ruining your guitar... Get a Capo..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
yeah, yeah yeah, i know decent ones are more expensive( even more so in canadia!). but a workable one on ebay or something is a better alternative than what he's doing. (and i did get a dunlop trigger new on ebay for 3.99 with freee shipping.i use it for my ibanez')