So i'm playing as part of a jazz ensemble in a supposedly important school function tomorrow, and our job is simply to play a song for the audience in the middle of the proceedings to break up the monotony. All would be cool, but in this song my role as a guitarist is to play a very long winded solo right in the middle of the peice, and do nothing for the rest of the time.

My question is, seeing as every other member of the band will be playing all the time, and i will have a long period of not having to play anything, what should i do in that space of emptiness?
Autoerotic asphyxation. /stereotypical pit answer
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Play rhythm? Pretend to play rhythm?

Y'know, it'd look pretty cool if you just walked on stage at the appropriate time, nailed the solo, then walked back off again.
Get lowered from the ceiling when your solo happens with a really bright light in the background so you look god-like.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Turn your amp up, and play sloppy blues licks and the riff from Smoke on the Water over the rest of the piece.
Quote by Zeropathic

If you're gonna colonize the moon, you better be quick about it. Two days remaining.

Dude... wrong thread.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Dude... wrong thread.

Aww. Well, that's balls. I shall edit it out to hide my shame.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.