I went down to the courthouse to fill out the paper work necessary to delay an appointment in court that I'm not ready for.

Giving the reason, I wrote: "I won't be in town for the Dec. 8 hearing."

Is that enough? I'm a little more than nervous that it'll be rejected because I don't know what usually passes as reasonable grounds to delay a court date.

Pit, have you ever done something like this? If so, what was the reason you gave for not showing up in court, and did the Judge accept?

Discuss.
You can't postpone a court date. If you do, they send your ass to jail. Real jail. Real asspounding jail.

If I remember, there's something about a salad being tossed?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I didnt know postponing a court date was possible. But if it is you probably should be more specific. They might think your running away to mexico or something. Unless you're already in mexico. in which case your ****ed.
Pittsburgh Penguins: 46-22-6
Unless you have a medical or family issue, no you can't rearrange the date.
OUT OF ORDER
Unless you've got a cast iron reason for not going, you're going to get your request for postponement denied and if you don't show up after that, you're in all kinds of bad sauce.

I'd probably make sure I was in town on December 8th if I were you.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Rising
Giving the reason, I wrote: "I won't be in town for the Dec. 8 hearing."

That might be too vague for them. Give them a feasible reason as to why you won't be in town.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Last edited by rock.freak667 at Dec 5, 2011,
Well what is the offense?

If its just traffic then you dont even have to show up. You will then get a letter stating that you have 30 days to schedule a new date or a warrant will be issued.

If your out on bail for a criminal offense you better hire a lawyer.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by maddnotez
Well what is the offense?

If its just traffic then you dont even have to show up. You will then get a letter stating that you have 30 days to schedule a new date or a warrant will be issued.

If your out on bail for a criminal offense you better hire a lawyer.

Traffic violation. But as far as I know, you automatically lose your case if you don't show up without formally filing for a delay. So, I don't know about just not showing up I'm from Quebec, maybe it's different where you're from?
Quote by Rising
Traffic violation. But as far as I know, you automatically lose your case if you don't show up without formally filing for a delay. So, I don't know about just not showing up I'm from Quebec, maybe it's different where you're from?

Yes, each county has their own rules in the US. I would definitely do a little research on a website from your government. Or just call the court and ask.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by maddnotez
Yes, each county has their own rules in the US. I would definitely do a little research on a website from your government. Or just call the court and ask.

Especially since Quebec is the capital of Washington D.C........

If I were you, I'd make it to that hearing. YOU are your first priority. Got other matters to attend to ? Then you would have done them already.

Go to that hearing. Really.
Yeah..go to it...I have a court date tomorrow (on the complainants side...giving evidence) and work at the same time. I chose the court date.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.