Æþelruna have released their first EP On Modranihte today. It's only available as a paid download from the likes of Amazon and Itunes, but it's well worth it.

The project is essentially the evolution of Adalruna who were more black metal in sound (and NS in ideal). The bands sound seems to have improved dramatically. Nice atmospheric, symphonic, folky/Medieval, almost black metal influenced sort of music with clean vocals and stuff. I know that makes it sound quite generic, but it really isn't. Even though there's only really one song and a more ambient type piece, I consider it well worth hearing.

The official webiste seems to have been suspended since this morning, There's no metal archives page, as the project was 'blacklisted' when I went to add it today (though Adalruna have a page) and nothing on youtube, so all I really have to offer is the facebook page. Though I would say check the dicking around group in ten minutes or so

http://www.facebook.com/aethelruna
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006B4JP0U/ref=dm_sp_alb
will check it out when I get home, sounds pretty good, and your tastes are similar to mine.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Will check this out and report back later today.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Sounds like the kind of stuff I like. Must check it out!
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
How about a youtube like. I remember enjoying this on your radio though, i am interested in their older work in that NS band as well.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

How do you pronounce their name.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Will check this out and report back later today.

THREE MONTHS LATER
I'm easily distracted.

I did listen to it though, granted that was a long time ago.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by severed-metal
How do you pronounce their name.

Æ is pretty much as it looks, AE, like in Æsir,
And þ is a Th sound, which I think is the same sound as ð. For example Þunor (which is sort of pronounced Thunor which the old english name for Thor.)

So it would be Aethelruna, though I'm not sure quite the phrasing for the AE sound, I think typically most modern people give it more of an E sound, like Medieval, which is really Mediæval. But I'm not sure. I sort of say it Ath-el-rune-ar myself, but I don't know how correct that it, especially with what I said with the AE sound, but the project used to be called Adalrunar, so I think I am just used to the A sound at the beginning.
The Æ in Old English is generally taken to be an "a" sound, like cat but not father, perhaps like saying cat in a stereotypical american accent, so a little closer to an "e" sound. As long as it's somewhere in between old english a (father) and e (cafe in french) then that's reasonable enough, since we can't know for sure. I think the þ in this case would be voiced, like then rather than think, because it's between two vowels.
Yeah, it seems like the guy can't put out a full album which is a little frustrating, given how great his songs are.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
He did post something once about about specifically putting out a demo, and reducing song lengths almost like a sampler for labels. I'll see if I can find it.

Either way, I don't know why you'd limit your creativity.

edit: found it
http://www.aethelruna.co.uk/2014/02/the-new-demo/

With the unfortunate but necessary demise of Wodfreca Records last year, there is now a need for Æþelruna to find a new record label through which to release future albums. In order to facilitate this, it was necessary to write a demo; a two to three track sampler of short pieces that exemplify what Æþelruna has to offer. Of the four tracks already recorded, two were cover tracks and thus unsuitable for a demo, and the other two were too long (around six or seven minutes each!), plus, they both had guest performances that would be unfair to suggest stemmed from my own creativity!

Therefore, it became necessary to write some new material. This was somewhat of a challenge as my natural writing style is to build a song over several gruelling minutes, which would be unsuitable for the style needed here. Two of these three tracks last between two to three minutes with the third having a more traditional Æþelruna structure (which is still heavily ‘cut’!)
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at May 2, 2014,
Yeah I have no clue. Especially with the market he is in, they really aren't going to be looking for the next radio hit so might as well make each song worth it and memorable; not over in the blink of an eye.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
Quality over quantity I'd say, and it's a stellar release. But I totally see what you guys mean. 4 minutes? Grind demos are longer than this.