Anyone have any experience getting the waterslide decal replaced on their vintage Fender? I have an American Vintage '62 Hot Rod Strat and there is some damage to the decal from my own stupidity. I didn't know the Hot Rod series used the decals and thought it was simply a protective sticker covering the logo, started peeling it off and by the time I realized what I was doing I had ripped the "F" off of the logo. The guitar has its shares of dings and wear from being gigged with, and those don't bother me. But for some reason the damaged logo annoys the hell out of me. I know what I have to do to get it replaced. Is it worth getting done? I think I'll have the shop I order the decal through replace it for me cause I don't want to take the risk of screwing it up.
It's bugging you, and it's a cheap fix that won't screw up your guitar. Seems like an easy choice to me.

Speaking of things that bug us, the 62 hot rod is not a vintage fender. It might have vintage in the title but I'd not mistake it with or refer to it as a Vintage Fender.
Quote by Roc8995
It's bugging you, and it's a cheap fix that won't screw up your guitar. Seems like an easy choice to me.

Speaking of things that bug us, the 62 hot rod is not a vintage fender. It might have vintage in the title but I'd not mistake it with or refer to it as a Vintage Fender.

Excuse me. "Vintage-style" Fender.

Sorry, just obsessive like that.

It's quite easy to do, just a waterslide decal and perhaps a clearcoat over that if you want to keep it nice. You can get the decals on ebay fairly cheap.
Quote by Roc8995

Sorry, just obsessive like that.

It's quite easy to do, just a waterslide decal and perhaps a clearcoat over that if you want to keep it nice. You can get the decals on ebay fairly cheap.

Thanks! My main concern is messing up and having things like dirt or air bubbles under it, which would bug me just as much. I've never applied a waterslide decal before. Does the name imply that water is used to slide the decal around the surface until it is in the desired position?