I've decided to sell my taylor 110 and instead buy a yamaha acoustic. I was playing on a friend's yamaha acoustic and i noticed that it played very well, it was a $140 guitar brand new and it out of the music store it played really really well. I recently put up my taylor 110 on classifieds and am pretty much betting back what i paid for it. The reason i am selling is because i just cant make a connection with it... it was kinda expensive for what it is. Dont get me wrong, it sounds miles better than anything in the same price range it is the best playing acoustic guitar i have ever owned. the problem is i have really acidic fingers and i go through strings within 2 days, i can see them starting to corrode within hours, i've tried coated, they certainly last 3x as long but are also 3x the price. So since i cant enjoy the acoustic abilities of my taylor, chaning strings is just getting too expensive i've decided to get a guitar that i can simply just get to play well.

Any advice on which yamaha? also iam interested in ovations as well. Which ovations plays well enough (doesn't have to sound great.)
why not keep the taylor and save up for the yamaha. You never know when you might suffer from sold guitar withdrawals! Any of the Ovations in the 500 dollar price range play very well but don't have nearly as much tone as a taylor!
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Get a Yamaha LJX6C. My best friend has a 110, and I have an LJX6C. We both like the LJX6C better. It's got a nice balanced tone instead of the treble-y Taylor tone. It's handmade and GORGEOUS. It's a little more expensive than a 110, but it's definitely worth the price if you're willing.
any low end yamaha's that play well? iam thinking like fg720 and 335 or 402 series. Doenst have to be a solid top. again iam going more for playability than tone. Dead strings destroy tone of a nice guitar neways. For me it wont matter because i only get to enjoy that tone for maybe a day before its gone.

Also another reason i should mention i am selling the guitar is because iam moving over seas, i originally intended the 110 to be taken with me but i am now realizing i wont have enough room to bring it along... its going to ahve to stay here so might as well sell it and get something nicer when i come back.
Quote by nivlarama
why not keep the taylor and save up for the yamaha. You never know when you might suffer from sold guitar withdrawals! Any of the Ovations in the 500 dollar price range play very well but don't have nearly as much tone as a taylor!

actually i suffer from that a bit with an older guitar i had... it was an albilene samick made i bought it from a church that had a flood and said it might have water damage. I paid $10 for it and $20 to ship it to me it was completely fine!!!!! once i had it setup it even played well. I traded it for a fender pro jr which rattled like no tomorrow. It was a cheap guitar but it was my first acoustic and i had fun with it, i regret getting rid of it.