I heard that it can be used to actually learn to fly planes/helicopters/etc.

I even remember a report about some thief who was able to get away on a plane because he learned to use it through this simulator.

So I'm just wondering if it's actually true? I'm always eager to try something new
Depends if you plan on landing.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Zeletros
I'm always eager to try something new

Then why not actually learn how to fly. In real life. Not in computer land.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews

I think nowadays they do learn firstly on a sim, not on real plane.
I think it's quite accurate, but i've never known actually how to pilot a plane

Also, im eager to know where your avatar comes from
Landing is still difficult to learn without actual stick time. But MFS does have a lot of stuff to help. Basically the simulation has all the features but the problem is the emulation of the cockpit and the physical forces affecting the aircraft. If you were to build a cockpit around your computer it would be all right I suppose, but lessons would be a safer bet.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
That "report" was actually Snakes on a Plane and you just didnt remember it properly.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yes it does teach you to fly.I use it,and my brother did to;my brother is a pilot right now because of flight simulator.It's amazingly realistic and is fun to play.I don't play it much any more though,once I found out about guitar...
Dare you to be my friend ........
please?
Quote by Acϵ♠
That "report" was actually Snakes on a Plane and you just didnt remember it properly.

>implying Snakes on a Plane isn't based on a true story
Quote by Doctor Matthews

Because...

I don't have a plane?
It simulates flying and can be considered pretty realistic. I think if you were very good at the game you could land a real plane in decent conditions. In strong crosswinds and heavy rain? I doubt it.

EDIT: It should be noted that actual Pilot lessons are very expensive. 15 minutes in a 747 SIMULATOR costs around £110. Imagine what a single lesson would cost in an actual aeroplane.
Last edited by andyscoot at Dec 5, 2011,
Quote by andyscoot
It simulates flying and can be considered pretty realistic. I think if you were very good at the game you could land a real plane in decent conditions. In strong crosswinds and heavy rain? I doubt it.

EDIT: It should be noted that actual Pilot lessons are very expensive. 15 minutes in a 747 SIMULATOR costs around Imagine what a single lesson would cost in an actual aeroplane.

Troo, I've been using it for years now and it's pretty realistic, but you don't feel the forces that affect you (a force feedback stick makes it more real but still) and it doesn't prepare you for some basic stuff like ATC/airport charts/etc if you just fly.
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite FR CRED
Ibanez RG7321FM w/ DiMarzio Bridge pickup
Roland CUBE 40XL
Digitech RP355

Quote by zgr0826
Banned because Raep = Me Gusta

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by boeman1995
... doesn't prepare you for some basic stuff like ATC/airport charts/etc if you just fly.

This is very true. I work in aviation and there is sooooooo much more pilots have to know than just how to fly the plane.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.