I'm looking to buy my first stack amp for gigging and recording, but really have no idea what I want or need as far as specific models go.

My budget is around $400-500CDN and I play Alternative, Punk-Pop (Power Pop, whatever, there's chunky distorted guitars), and Grunge, so I need a nice thick overdrive/distortion as well as nice cleans. (Weezer Blue Album/Green Day Dookie type distortion)

I'll be playing a Fender MIM Telecaster, an Epiphone G400 (Super Distortion in bridge eventually) and a Squier Strat (Duncan JB Jr in Bridge) through it, for pedals I'll be using a DS-1 for heavier distortion and a Boss Blues Driver for lighter distortions.

My lead guitarist will lend me a head (Bugera I believe) if I end up just buying a cab.
Which Bugera? I would just use that and buy a really good cab.

Then eventually save up for a different head.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
For recording and gigging, I highly recommend you also upgrade from G400 to the real thing. They sound like shit live and in studio.

But yeah, what maddnotez said. Use the Bugera, buy a better head eventually. Look around your local music shops for a used 4x12 and get to work.
Quote by blake1221
For recording and gigging, I highly recommend you also upgrade from G400 to the real thing. They sound like shit live and in studio.

But yeah, what maddnotez said. Use the Bugera, buy a better head eventually. Look around your local music shops for a used 4x12 and get to work.

Haha, it's a great guitar for Jazz if it wasn't so muddy! Any suggestions on which brand 412?
Id recommend just getting a good 2x12. Have a look at avatar cabs. Good cabs for the budget. Use the Bugera head and save for something really awesome. The avatar cab will go well with any other head you buy.