Why is it that no one in this forum ever talks about Randall amps? Is there some kind of hate for Randall or are they some kind of sub-par amp?
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
I've personally never liked them. Plus they're not as common in your big chain stores it seems. That's probably why.
OK I can see that. I just noticed there is some big randall players but... they don't really have anything attention grabing is this the same for Krank Amps?
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Actually, in my opinion Randall makes GREAT solid state amps. Most of the time, and most of the people on this forum will tell you the Tube amps are generally better than Solid State amps - which is true most of the time.

Randall makes some good solid state amps though - for metal anyways.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Some of them are super flexible, you can change pre-amp modules to match your favorite amp(not a lot of options, but enough to make it worth while).

As AM said I think it is the RM series.

I can't speak enough about the flexibility you have. A little pricey for the modules, but used you can find a hell of a deal on a great sounding amp.

My brother has had one for 3 or more years and it has been great. They used it in the studio and live, only concern was a pre-amp tube taking a dive recently. They are well built and easy to bias the power tubes. They are made for the working musician. (Only screw drivers required for service)
Quote by R45VT
Some of them are super flexible, you can change pre-amp modules to match your favorite amp(not a lot of options, but enough to make it worth while).

As AM said I think it is the RM series.

I can't speak enough about the flexibility you have. A little pricey for the modules, but used you can find a hell of a deal on a great sounding amp.

My brother has had one for 3 or more years and it has been great. They used it in the studio and live, only concern was a pre-amp tube taking a dive recently. They are well built and easy to bias the power tubes. They are made for the working musician. (Only screw drivers required for service)

Why do you think that they are so unpopular? Is it simply a marketing thing?
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Really they aren't that un-popular.

UG may not have the love for them- but most on here only play in their bedroom and listen the general opinions on-line. (So if it isn't 6505 or Vypyr it must be garbage right?)

That being said they aren't as popular as Marshall or Fender or .... could be marketing could be price, marketing, availability, etc.
Quote by R45VT
Really they aren't that un-popular.

UG may not have the love for them- but most on here only play in their bedroom and listen the general opinions on-line. (So if it isn't 6505 or Vypyr it must be garbage right?)

That being said they aren't as popular as Marshall or Fender or .... could be marketing could be price, marketing, availability, etc.

I suposse this is very true though I haven't seen very many around here either in the states.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Same feeling I get with Laney.

Both do have some really good models, you just dont hear about them alot.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
I think it's the whole Solid State thing personally. A lot of people get this thing in there head where if something isn't all-tube, it's not any good. For example, Blackstar gets a lot of shit for being hybrid, but I'll tell you firsthand that their amps sound great. They're no SLO or Diezel by any means, but they are great amps at a great price. Randall is the same in my experience. They make great stuff, it's just not all-tube, so many people just shrug them off as if they're worthless.

Solid State stuff gets a bad name because of companies like Marshall, Line 6, etc. that make crappy amps and market the shit out of them to get people to buy them because of the brand on the front. When you look at amps like the Vypyrs, Valvetronix Series, Mustangs, etc. there are some great sounds coming out of those amps for the price you're paying. When you can throw down $200 for an MG30 or the same amount for a 30w Vypyr, you can see that you're getting a lot of bang for your buck. Randall is basically the next step up in my opinion. They make great stuff, but people normally go from a solid state practice amp to a tube amp thinking that it's the lack of tubes that makes their amp sound bad, when really they're just getting what they pay for. I mean, if you spend $200 for a brand new Bugera V5, it'll sound like a tube amp, but you're buying a one trick pony that really isn't the greatest amp you could buy for that money. However, when you upgrade to a Jet City or an Egnater or Marshall or whatever you like, you're paying a lot more and getting a lot more. If everyone judged tube amps based on the "practice" versions of them, they would have the same problem.

So in a sense it's bad marketing, but at the same time, they're kinda bound to be an underdog anyway due to amp stereotypes.
^^^ You really don't know what you are talking about.

There are a TON of new Randalls that are all tube.

I don't even know where to begin on the rest of the shit you posted.
Quote by R45VT

THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Quote by R45VT

I was talking about their solid state stuff, oh dear lord of all that is Randall. Please enlighten me on how horribly wrong I am, though.
this is turning into ss vs tube. lol where are the forum police?
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Non exsistant.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Randalls are out of reach for the majority of 'wat amp r gud i have 100 dollurs and wnat 2 sudn liek mitallica n guns n roses xDDD' threads that are typical on UG.

They make some very good amps, and have a number of very well-received signature models used by artists such as Kirk Hammett, Nuno Bettencourt and George Lynch.

Just because you don't hear a lot about a brand doesn't mean that UG dislikes them. UG doesn't discuss Reeves, Rivera, or Roccaforte amps very much but it doesn't make them sound worse. It's simply that those amps deal with a different demographic than Ultimate-Guitar forums do.

UG discusses the Line 6 Spider, Marshall MG and other assorted crappy amps a lot for one reason: newbies are drawn to them because they're cheap and big and look like the amps they see the professionals play, but UG hates the fuck out of those amps, with very good reason: they sound awful. Can of bees is an apt term.

tl;dr Just because we don't talk about Randall much doesn't mean they're bad.

There's quite a number of UG users who own or have owned Randall amps. kylendm is one such user off the top of my head.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Randall has been bought and sold several times in the last few years, so the company is in a bit of flux, and not doing the things needed to generate buzz. The new Scott Ian modules are hand made by Dave Friedman after you order them.
I just sold me rg120 es. It was such a badass amp. I tracked down the info. Which is hard to do with older Randall's because of the company changing hands as much as it did. But I found that it was the exact year make and model that Dime used on most of the pantera albums and most pantera tours as well. He used the Randall century 200 for vulgar but other than that, it was the 88-89 rg120 es. That model was also Co designed by George Lynch. as I was handing the amp to the buyer I was simultaneously kicking myself in the ass. It was a strange site to see Im sure.