When it comes to shopping for guitars, I have a huge dilemma: I am left-handed, and there are very few manufacturers with a decent selection of left-handed models.
Except Schecter. And their guitars aren't that expensive, either.

What I'm looking for is a 7- (or even 8-) string guitar preferably with a floating trem, essentially just for the lulz. Or even a 6-string with a floating trem (again, mainly just for fun). I don't gig or play in a band, so I don't need something that's built like a rock, but obviously I'd like something that plays well, stays in tune, and has an overall nice sound.
My playing style would be best described as bluesy-sludge metal, I guess. I am not looking for a br00tal guitar, but for one with an extended range and/or a floating trem.

So my question is are they good guitars for the price? Specifically I have the Hellraiser line in mind.

Sorry if this is the type of thread that pops up a few hundred times a day, but I've never seen a Schecter in a store, so I think this is my best bet at getting an idea of what they're like before/without even playing one. Thanks in advance for any help.
MATTERHORN
I tried a Hellraiser C-1 in a store and almost bought it there, but I decided on a C-7. They sound great, and I tried a Schecter Damien 7 string through a line 6 spider 75 amp they had at the store (my practice amp) and it sounded great. Really warm tone out of the C-1 and Damien on clean and distorted tones.

I'd definitely recommend a Hellraiser.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Schecters are awesome guitars. Im also left handed, but when i was buying my first guitar the guy told me to get a rightie guitar becaue my technique would develop faster. He was right, my left hand is probably better than 95% of the folks on this site but my right hand just cant keep up.

Anywas, any one of the mid-upper end Schecter C-1s are brilliant guitars. Looks, sound, range, tone, playability, versatility, they have it all.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
they're alright. probably about right for the price (in the USA). they're expensive in europe, if you ask me.

fwiw, teh "OFR" is probably a korean-made FRT-x000. I.e. not the same thing as the bona fide Schaller-made OFR.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In the US, go for it.

Uk or Europe? **** no.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I'm in Canada, so the prices are pretty good (I'm basing this off Musician's Friend).
Quote by Acϵ♠
Schecters are awesome guitars. Im also left handed, but when i was buying my first guitar the guy told me to get a rightie guitar becaue my technique would develop faster. He was right, my left hand is probably better than 95% of the folks on this site but my right hand just cant keep up.

Anywas, any one of the mid-upper end Schecter C-1s are brilliant guitars. Looks, sound, range, tone, playability, versatility, they have it all.

I see you're from Mississauga. What store did you get yours from?

Thanks so far you guys.
MATTERHORN
Schecters are a bit overated in the metal community IMO.

Rondomusic has alot of quality guitars available for left-handed players.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Schecter is pretty good another Company with a decent selection of leftys is Ibanez there are quite a few of them in my local Guitar Center. A couple left handed prestiges as wellas one 7 string prestige.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
One more thing unless the sCHECTERS HAVE upgraded pick ups I've found that the stock pick ups sound extremly muddy.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Last edited by Briyan_15 at Dec 5, 2011,
Quote by Doctor Matthews
I'm in Canada, so the prices are pretty good (I'm basing this off Musician's Friend).

I see you're from Mississauga. What store did you get yours from?

Thanks so far you guys.

Had it shipped in from New Brunswick to the Rathburn Long & Mcquade store. Saw a bunch of good lefty guitars there, instead of going online go check out what they have there first.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I would love to help you, but I can't stop staring at your avatar. So yeah.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I prefer my BC Rich Assassin PX3T to my Schecter C1 Classic, and they're about equal in price and features. That said it's a Korean made BC Rich, a lot of their "mid-high end" guitars got moved back to their Chinese factory, which has quality control issues out the wazoo
What type of neck do you like? I dont think Schecters make any flat, jumbo fretted guitars which Is why i will never in my life buy one.

If you like a more rounded neck then Schecter might be great for you.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness