So im shopping for a AGILE AL3000 399$ ... but i want the slim tapered neck .. and the guitar is only available in ROOTBEER color .

now brown has never been my favorite color ..

i wonder if that should stop me from buying it .

My other option is go to the AL-3200 , its available in Purple with the slim neck but its 599 $ . 200 $ dollars more for almost the same guitar ( maybe small upgrade like neck thru ) but otherwise i cant figure out spending 200 $ more only for the color .

Do you care about the color of your guitar ????

my strat is black .. its not my favorite color but its black so you cant really not like the color . its standard .

But Brown /rootbeer .

anyone has a Al-3000 vs 3200 compare .

would the color stop you form buying a guitar ??
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Sure i care about the colour. I care about sound and feel more, but if i think it's ugly i dont care how good it plays im not buying it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I do care, like I've always wanted either a white tele, a red tele or a purple tele over the standart black or that banana yellow, but whatever I buy, I eventually get it customized paintjob-wise anyways, so it really isn't that much of a bother to me. But about your situation, I think that if the colour does really bother you it will be a pretty good motivation to buy the more expensive guitar, if you get what I mean
Last edited by risk182 at Dec 5, 2011,
I kind of had this problem when buying my Strat, I couldn't decide what colour so I went for black, plain and simple Gilmour-style

But tbh, as long as it sounds good, that's what I think matters
I gravitate towards black. It's subconcious. I like plain styles and colours usually.

I put performance, value and durability.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Yep, the color of the guitar for me makes or breaks a deal most times. In some cases it has stopped me from buying an instrument altogether because of the color, but I've also bought guitars I've loved the feeling of, but hated the color, eventually the color grew on me.

I'd say if you can't justify the extra $200, look for something else that has similar specs or save up for something outside of Agile, unless Agile is your specific brand. If you bought the AGILE AL3000, would you be comfortable repainting it? It would devalue it, but would you be looking to sell this guitar later if you did buy it?

Black guitars have the lowest resale value, I've still bought & owned a couple black guitars, but unless someone's looking for that model & wants to pay a little more because of it's age or rarity... I wouldn't make my money back on it.

I'm a Japanese Ibanez collector, I also collect vintage American Fenders & Gibsons from the 50's to the late 70's, I don't buy anything outside of that scope. Never played an Agile, but have been tempted to test out their 8 strings, have yet to do so, though.
Quote by risk182
a red tele or a purple tele

What's wrong with you?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Lagunaguitar
i saw a great deal on ibanez rg once... it was $200 compared to 400 or 450. it had this really weird digital camo finish tho http://images.guitarcenter.com/products/optionLarge/InStoreUsed/106773234_lg.jpg
so no i didnt get it

that thing is kind of cool.... Like a dalmation on crack..
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Nah, not much. Once almost found myself buying an Ibanez Jet King because I like the way it played and felt.

Looking back, I'm kind of glad I didn't.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
you say brown isn't your favorite color.. does it make you ill?

Having just purchased an Agile AL-2500.. The finish on mine is Cherry Flame Burst, and is flawless.. If you decide to buy it, don't consider refinishing it.. unless, you're really good at it.. the finish on these guitars are really nice...

I've bought guitars that I didn't like because my band leader (employer) told me that I needed THAT guitar, in THAT color... so yea.. I've bought guitars I didn't like the looks of, but playability and sound is key for me.

As far as playability on my Agile, It plays and sounds better than my Epi LP custom shop... Just sayin'..

Hope this helps..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
If its something like a Gibson Les Paul that I have played and fallen in love with, no the colour doesnt bother me.

Something like an Agile which I havent seen or played? Yes it would, wait a few months and they will have it back in the other colours.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
paperbear: is the 2500 the same as the al-2000 . they make the agile-2000 in SLIM tapered neck and flame top sunburst etc..

but i heard its really with the al-3000 and up that Agile truly stand as awesome guitar .

i dont upgrade guitar usually .. if i buy an agile 3000 , its also to keep it . i dont like selling stuff , specially guitar . i wanna buy a guitar that will last me for years .

Thing is black i wouldnt have mind , its kinda neutral .. but BROWN has always been a color that didnt catch me . i dont wear brown cause this color doesnt catch me . wouldnt buy snowboard binding "brown" on purpose .

so black i wouldnt have mind ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Agile-AL-3000-Rootbeer-Slim-w-EGC300-Electric-Guitar-/370563111522?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4682502967281110054

here the guitar , its not ugly to puke .. but i feel like if i were to buy a guitar for the next 10-15 years , id like a color i would like .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
You gotta buy something that you love - and if you don't love the color then its probably not worth your time.

That being said, if it is a really nice playing guitar you could always drop the extra money to get it painted differently - but it may not be that important or worth it to you for that matter.

But to answer your original question - I really want a Gibson - and if I had the money for one and I got to the store and all they had was pink, then no I would not be purchasing the guitar, I would be waiting to pay for what I want.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410

I'd buy it..

matter of fact.. if you don't hurry... kidding..

The 2500 has a "60's profile" neck I believe, and 18:1 grovers... Mines got the Bigsby Tem as well...

I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Dec 5, 2011,
I'm not a fan of brown either but having googled the al3000 in rootbeer... I don't hate it, it's probably something I could get over for the guitar I wanted
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
The color would never stop me from buying a specific guitar. You can change color. I still find myself drooling over butterscotch blonde telecasters and I hate that color.
Quote by JustRooster
I own a pink guitar. What do you think?

You don't want to know what I think............
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I don't really care. Maybe something like a neon color I wouldn't buy, only because that might be distracting.
Generally, I'd only try a guitar that I liked the look of. I've not got the best guitar purchasing habits really. I tend to pick out a model I like, then try it. If I like it, I end up buying it having not tried anything else.

So basically, I only try guitars that I like the look of, so I never buy a guitar in a colour I don't like.

But then, most colours are okay. I tend to care more about how the hardware colour works with the finish colour than the finish itself.
that's better looking than what i pictured when you said brown guitar. I was thinking solid brown. as a wood finish i think it looks pretty good.
Black/sunburst Fenders with white pickguards have always offed me, but I own a sunburst Strat with a white pickguard(getting a black pickguard when I mod it with my Christmas money, but...), so I guess I can't talk there. xD Pearloid pickguards piss me off too, but I can change them. Then there's satin black guitars. I would never touch a satin black guitar. Even if it played nicely and sounded good to my ears(though they seem to mostly be geared towards the scenecore crowd so I'm safe there), I wouldn't buy it, just because it's in that god-awful color which to me is what the BC Rich Beast is to others(I don't mind pointies). xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Color/appearance may be a deciding factor between guitars I'm considering, but unless we're talking something offensive- say, a custom Nazi swastika paint job- appearance alone won't make me decide against a guitar.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yes. If it's not what I want, I won't buy it. Why buy something I don't feel strongly about?

That said, I like many colours. Black, white, pink and purple would be good.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
*tsk* *tsk* Brown is very different from root beer. Actually in that finish there are 2 different types of brown, light brown and dark brown due to the flame maple. Also where are you buying from, there are many different finishes on Rondo Music. And yes, the color does bother me. When I was getting my Squier Deryck to screw around with and modify, the color did bother me. The store had to special order it so I couldn't really "choose" a colour unless I disliked it, returned it and waited another 3 weeks. Anyways I set it up, modified it and it rocks and the pictures don't do it much justice. In fact the pictures almost never do a guitar justice, if you get it I think you'll be surprised at the quality of the finish. Also take the weight into account the 10lbs will screw up your shoulders when you're playing standing. Also I don't think the extra $200 is worth it for a different colours. You could change both pickups with that kind of money. Paint jobs at a store usually cost less than $200. Lastly I think someone here or at a different forum got his painted at a car shop and the finish didn't wear out because it was pretty much like a car finish.
If the guitar is at a steal price then no, but if I have an option and they are roughly the same price then yes that matters to me a lot.
Quote by Tom 1.0
If its something like a Gibson Les Paul that I have played and fallen in love with, no the colour doesnt bother me.

Something like an Agile which I havent seen or played? Yes it would, wait a few months and they will have it back in the other colours.
+311

It bothered you enough to start a thread and respond to posts that might convince you to maybe go for it.

I'd wait until they have it in the finish I really like. But, with the holidays coming up, they may not have one that you like until next year or forever. Can you postpone gratification? If not, hit that order button!

I have one exception to what I posted before: an EBMM JP6 in that hideous dargie finish. The color is so ugly, but I've always wanted one of them so bad, I wouldn't care about the color.
Quote by griffin888
I have one exception to what I posted before: an EBMM JP6 in that hideous dargie finish. The color is so ugly, but I've always wanted one of them so bad, I wouldn't care about the color.

That IS an ugly color.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i dont care about color really at all. for some reasons, black strats with white pickguards and rosewood fretboards, i dont care for at all, and i only like teles in white (white board and white pickguard) or sunburst (not as strong of a concern), and strats in white, white pickguard with maple boards are awesome. but all of the white i say is more of an aged cream color, rather than a white.

but if i found the right guitar, color wouldn't matter at all.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/