I finally decided on what kind of guitar I wanted for my main Christmas present, and I decided on a Schecter Hellraiser C-7, no Floyd Rose. But then my mom just called me telling me that it won't be available for shipping until the beginning of february.

I had planned on getting this guitar by Christmas, because I was really hoping to write some 7 string songs for my band before we got a gig or two in January.

I have a few options right now.

-Wait for guitar

-Get new guitar that isn't the specific C-7, Guitar Center will give me a slight deal on it since we ordered the Hellraiser with Black Friday coupons

-Get the same guitar by Christmas, but in white (I ordered black)

-Cancel order

I was really looking forward to this guitar, but I can handle getting a different one. The guitar has EMG 707TW pickups, which are 707s with pull/push knobs for a bit more tone changing. I'm considering the Hellraiser C-7 Special, which has EMG 81-7 and 85-7s, as well as maybe dropping the order and getting an Agile Septor Elite, which has 707s.

Should I wait? Should I change it to white? I need suggestions.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
White. You'll like it just as much if it's the guitar for you. Sound>feel>looks. IMO that model suits white more anyway, plus most of its players will be metal and, like you, will have/want a black one.
Dude, where's my band?
Uh, to be completely and perfectly honest, in my own personal opinion

Agile Interceptor > Schecter Hellraiser

I'd pick ANY of the Interceptors over the Hellraiser, ANY day.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Thanks. I know I would grow to like the guitar's color anyway, and it's the same thing I wanted. I'll probably go with white. And I wouldn't get an Interceptor. It'd be a Septor Elite maybe. But Schecter's my first choice.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Last edited by thePTOD at Dec 5, 2011,
Quote by FearMyLightning
Black guitars are overrated and white guitars are teh sex.

This.

Honestly I love black guitars but after a while they get boring. But white almost all ways looks great.
Quote by thePTOD
Thanks. I know I would grow to like the guitar's color anyway, and it's the same thing I wanted. I'll probably go with white. And I wouldn't get an Interceptor. It'd be a Septor Elite maybe. But Schecter's my first choice.

In that case, it goes without saying:

if Interceptor > Hellraiser

And Septor > Interceptor

then Septor > Hellraiser
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Cancel C-7 order for a Septor? That's smart. Yeah. Do it.

But seriously, just have some patience, dude. You can't wait 2 more months for a guitar you'll regret not having for the next few years?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I changed the order to the same C-7 but in white. I love white but for some reason I initially ordered black. This isn't my last guitar either, I'll get a Septor later on, I'm happy with my purchase.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Quote by thePTOD
I changed the order to the same C-7 but in white. I love white but for some reason I initially ordered black. This isn't my last guitar either, I'll get a Septor later on, I'm happy with my purchase.

Sounds good then. Enjoy!
Dude, where's my band?