http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkWW5YIhxnc

Theres an 8 minute video I recorded for a friend who lives in Florida to show him how my new half-stack sounds. Its just some metal riffs, mostly Metallica, but a little GNR and Megadeth in there too. Thought Id post it here to get some honest opinions on my gear and my playing.

Playing isnt perfect, but oh well.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you're on YouTube too, please comment on the video comments. Thanks
On both! Lower the bass, lower the treble, up the mids to a respectable level! Not only does it sound crap but in any real band situation you would literally not be able to hear yourself. It might sound "brootalz" in your bedroom but that's not how things work in real life, and I guarantee that every single band you mentioned (especially megadeth) turn their mids up quite high. It's just a basis of a good tone.
Hmm....okay ill work on that. Ive always hated mids and tried to keep the mids low, but yeah I can see where you're coming from. Thanks for the advice
Quote by GLP standard
Hmm....okay ill work on that. Ive always hated mids and tried to keep the mids low, but yeah I can see where you're coming from. Thanks for the advice

Why do you play guitar?
Guitar is a mid range instrument.
All great recordings have loads of mids, including thrash recordings like early Metallica.