I feel like a right silly sausage, especially after my complaints of apathy a few weeks back. But I guess these things happen.
So Apologies for it being late.

it's thrown together quite hastily, but I think it's rather good.

Æþelruna - On Modranihte
Only released today, but rather good. Nice and atmospheric and just generally good. You can see my thoughts in the thread I made further down the page.

Ceremony - Stars Fall
Someone on here got me into these, can't remember who, but I am eternally grateful. Some of the best noisy/poppy shoegaze I've come across, and I instantly fell in love with their music after hearing this song.

Ildra - Rice Æfter Oðrum
Æþelruna put me in the mood for some good olde Ænglisc black metal. And one of the better albums of that sort to come out this year has been Ildra's Eðelland. I don't know if I've shared them much on this forum or not, but it's about time I did if I haven't.

Soundpool - On High
Got this album in the post on Thursday, I must have played it a good 15 times since then. Absolutely lovely synthy heavy dreamy shoegaze. Very much recommended.

Lou Gramm - Lost in the Shadows
I only recently found out he was the singer of Foreigner, but as it happens, I think this is better than anything he ever did with them. Soundtrack to one of the most Iconic scenes from Lost Boys that never fails to put a smile on my face.

Ian Giles, John Spiers, Jon Boden & Giles Lewin - Wassail, Wassail
They are the people who perform on every song on the album, but the album itself doesn't have an artist. I thought what with it being only a few weeks till Christmas I'd throw some traditional folk Christmas music on the mix.

Future of Forestry - Slow Your Breath Down
Some of you many remmeber this form the season 8 finale of One Tree Hill...no? just me? Anyway, a lovely little song is this. There's really nowt much else to add.

The Cure - To Wish Impossible Things
Probably my most played artist of the last year. This is a gorgeous little track from the end of the Wish album. I think fragile is one of the best ways I can think to describe it. I thought it's a nice way to end the mix too.

hope there's something on there that most people will enjoy.

December 2 - Annihislater
December 9 - illuminatiano
December 16 - Riffmast
December 23 - Dillon
December 30 - ButtRayge
January 6 - severed-metal

This was the background music while I played some chess.

The shoegaze tracks (Ceremony and Soundpool) and The Cure stood out for me. Can't remember much at all of the two metal tracks, except for the piano intro in the first one.

Since I don't share the same sentimentality for Lost Boys (never even seen the film in full) nor One Tree Hill (never seen a single episode of the series), the two tracks weren't so special to me. Though Future Of Forestry was decent for what it is, but too indie-poppy for my taste.

The traditional Christmas track was... well, can't remember anything of it except the traditional instruments.

Some intriguing tracks there, so I'll probably give this another listen tomorrow.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

This is exactly as I imagined it inside of your head, lots of folky shit and shoegaze.

Not bad. I liked a lot of it, but that Ildra song dragged. The first two tracks were ace, loved that second one. I'm a sucker for pretty music though. Awaiting the fourth track.

Also a sucker for 80s music. Damn you Neil, almost had me going on this hate fest and then you hit me with Lost in the Shadows...
Last edited by severed-metal at Dec 5, 2011,
Æþelruna was pretty cool, nice vocal work, not something i would normally be into but it was done well. The lead work was very touching in a good way, nice fade out, cool track. This second track sounds exactly like being a 12 year old at Christmas, drinking eggnog and all that.The Ildra track was cool, wish it had a bit more teeth, but it was an enjoyable listen. Soundpool sounds like a competent MBVT clone so far, with some very cool layering and textural stuff. The Lost Boys song was pretty fun at first, but i got bored fast, good movie though. The English folk Christmas song was fun and once again made me desire eggnog.Wasn't into the One Tree Hill song, and The Cure song was ok. Cool mix!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Kepulix

Since I don't share the same sentimentality for Lost Boys (never even seen the film in full) nor One Tree Hill (never seen a single episode of the series), the two tracks weren't so special to me. Though Future Of Forestry was decent for what it is, but too indie-poppy for my taste.

Some intriguing tracks there, so I'll probably give this another listen tomorrow.

You should see it full, it's great. And to be honest I think i'd be more shocked than anything if you did watch one tree hill

Glad you found it enjoyable though

Quote by severed-metal

Also a sucker for 80s music. Damn you Neil, almost had me going on this hate fest and then you hit me with Lost in the Shadows...

Hate Fest?

Quote by Riffmast
Æþelruna was pretty cool, nice vocal work, not something i would normally be into but it was done well. The lead work was very touching in a good way, nice fade out, cool track. This second track sounds exactly like being a 12 year old at Christmas, drinking eggnog and all that.The Ildra track was cool, wish it had a bit more teeth, but it was an enjoyable listen. Soundpool sounds like a competent MBVT clone so far, with some very cool layering and textural stuff. The Lost Boys song was pretty fun at first, but i got bored fast, good movie though. The English folk Christmas song was fun and once again made me desire eggnog.Wasn't into the One Tree Hill song, and The Cure song was ok. Cool mix!

Glad you enjoyed for the most part. Note sure where connection with Ceremony and Christmas comes from
Hate Fest? What the shit, meant to put Hate Forest in there.

Let me explain, I meant to say I was going to go on a Hate Forest fest. Also, I like The Cure.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR

Glad you enjoyed for the most part. Note sure where connection with Ceremony and Christmas comes from

Almost all "post" music sounds like Christmas music to me, not in a traditional sense, but just the vibe it gives off always reminds me of walking around outdoors on Christmas in the snow in the city.Especially Lantlos-Neon.
Quote by Steve08

Yeah it's an entirely subjective thing, i don't expect others to really get it haha.
Quote by Steve08

I forsee an uprising
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.